120 lbs down, 37 lbs to go

Options
13»

Replies

• snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What a wonderful example of strength & determination you are for your children and others! Keep up the fantastic work -- wishing you all the best!!
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I literally teared up with happiness and pride for you. What a wonderful accomplishment to take your life back and not giving up when things are hard. #rockstar
  • Richellebeatle
    Richellebeatle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! Very inspiring!!!! <3 "I am woman, hear me roar!" -Helen Reddy's song I am woman, This is your theme song.
  • Lioness_1978
    Lioness_1978 Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Richelle... I LOVE IT!!!

THANK YOU ALL
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Amazing!
    How proud of yourself you must be!
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and your positive attitude....
  • ddveedub
    ddveedub Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Truly one of the best success stories I've read! I'm so pleased for you and wish you continued success!
  • Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    tigress35 wrote: »
    Where to begin...lol

Well my weight loss journey began 3 yrs ago. I was at my heaviest ever, at 327 lbs. I was
    miserable, felt aged way beyond my years. I had so many medical issues that I had even made peace with my Maker. High blood pressure, border line diabetic, terrible back problems, depressed, could hardly sleep and the list goes on. We all hit a wall. My dad died just the year before of a heart attack. He was only 54. But it wasn't till almost a year later that my mom at the same age ended up in the ER. I sat in her room realizing I could lose her too. Our weight was killing us. I decided that day I wanted to live! That I wanted to enjoy what I have left of this beautiful life. That I wanted to live to meet my great grandchildren someday. That I really wanted to enjoy each day and not just survive. I started strength training 3 days a week, which I still do today. I do cardio here and there. I'd been through major weight loss once before. I had great tools already but I knew I needed to really change the way I think. Really listen to my body, get to really know it. And I knew to do this real, it was going to take time. I had a lifetime of rewiring to do. And reality is, I will be a work in progress till my last breath. I knew with eating I wasn't going crazy strict having to follow to the T as I had done the other time. I needed to learn to lose my weight, eating how I will forever. MOSTLY no sugar, no white flour, no fried foods and as little processed as possible. And portion control. MOSTLY in reality means that I will sometimes have that beer, that I will not miss out on certain foods when going out with family and friends, I would have whatever I wanted for the Holiday meals and I will have that cake at the party or wedding. I also knew I had to learn to start spotting my lies to really change my old habits. There was no more BAD FOODS. Just realistic portions and not eating if I really wasn't hungry. Because I enjoy these moments it made me see and break one of my biggest past habits. When I used to view these moments as 'BAD' I'd feel like a failure and then continue to eat bad the entire rest of the day, telling myself ' I'll start again tomorrow. ' Well, I've come so far now that I don't have that guilt anymore. I know that even if I over indulge in a moment. That does not affect the rest of my day. I stay on track and eat pretty healthy most the time. Incorporating what I've learned and seeing what my personal needs are health wise. But I don't miss out on moments. And because I've learned to change the way I think is why I have slowly but surely been successful. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. Life has thrown me curve ball after curve ball since I started my journey. As it will to us all in different ways. I have 5 beautiful children, my oldest was 16 when I started. 4 months into my hard work and my husband of 17 years walked out on my kids and I. Still to this day with zero financial support, our whole lives changed overnight. Starting from scratch. I don't mention this for sympathy. But for encouragement. My health, physically, mentally, became my saving grace. If I can do this. All of you can do this. My advice. Small steps, positive changes, journal your thoughts and habits, start to see your patterns, always be honest, no matter how that looks. Write yourself positive notes of your dreams and the strong person you are and will be. Carry them with you. Read them in hard moments. Listen to music that empowers the positive life you want. Knowledge is power, read about others, their highs and their lows, read about all the things you want to better about yourself. Be kind and patient with yourself. And never listen to anyone's negativity. I don't claim to have this all figured out and there are always bumps, but I love my life and I've learned a lot and I'm glad I can share.

My ultimate goal has always been to be healthy, happy and lean. Well I've accomplished the first two. Roughly 37 lbs to go to lean and a lifetime to continue to work on me.

~We are all worthy of the best version of ourselves.~

You certainly have been an inspiration for me today reading your story. Thank you for sharing.
  • Lioness_1978
    Options
    Thank you
  • Lioness_1978
    Options
  • MommaSarabear83
    MommaSarabear83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your incredible weight loss pictures....you are definitely an inspiration. This is my "restart" at MFP but I am over 330 lbs starting off and have 130 to go to get to my goal weight....I'd love to have you friend me on here so I can be inspired by someone like you. Thanks for the consideration. Sara
  • Lioness_1978
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I added you. ;) And thank you! Best wishes on your journey. You're going to love mfp
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Writing a note to myself - an idea I used in my 20's that worked for a different reason. Thanks for resurrecting the idea for me for weight loss. Brilliant! You look a min of 15 years younger. Please keep posting!!! And congrats on your success - just an awesome role model of strength and tenacity for your kids. Well done!
  • Lioness_1978
    Options
    SparkyTinman...
    Thank you so very much! Appreciate your words! And I love notes. Glad it resurrected that idea for you. Have a great weekend.
  • NavajoGirl85
    NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your story! Good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • dlach86
    dlach86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing and inspirational story. You should feel very proud of your accomplishments.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!