A senior newbie

Options
jclesen
jclesen Posts: 8 Member
I'm 71 and need to lose about 20 pds. A little trouble with ankles so treadmill isn't so good right now. Using stationary bike and visiting the lake. Will join the local health club (we live in a tiny town in Arkansas) in the fall when trips north settle down. I seem to be a little low on my protein intake. Have an issue with gluten so I have to watch fat intake. Loving the harvest and fresh vegetables. Any seniors out there?

Replies

• countrychk
    countrychk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nice to see a post from a senior. I thought I was the only one. I will be 73 next week amd live in a rural area close to Nevada Mo.
    I am still very active, but the heat has slowed down much activity this summer. In spite of this, I have lost 7 lbs. My clothes are fitting and looking better and I am enjoying that. Living in the country, I don't have many occasions to wear a dress., but I splurged and bought two new ones. My couch potato husband took his eyes off the TV long enough to whistle at my legs. Now that is a compliment.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha! I hope you enjoy this site as much I do. It is the only thing in a long time that has helped me in my weight loss. Haven't figured out entirely all I need to know to navigate this site, but if you would like a support friend I am open to that. I would appreciate any and all support I can get..
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • jclesen
    jclesen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. We were just visiting my stepdaughter in Kimberling City just outside of Branson. We seem to have the same life style. I am originally from Chicago but love the country. Always have. Just eat too much. Boredom I guess. At any rate, my daughter is a personal trainer in IL and she put me onto this site. I'm glad to be here. We can share recipes etc. I am roasting veggies on the grill and seasoning them with my own herbs and using olive oil hoping it's good for my blood. Seem to be a little high in cholesterol.