Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Name Suggestions for New Puppy

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    So what name won out?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    I saw his cute face and instantly thought "Sherman". Don't know why. But he looks like a Sherman to me. (As in General William Sherman.)

I do like the Rolo suggestions, or possibly Rooney.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Any decision on the name yet?
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    We have named the dog.

THANK YOU to everyone who offered name suggestions for our new puppy. Ranging from Charlie, to Bentley, to Lunch, to Mr. Snuzzle Fuzzybutt Cuddlepants, I received over 200 different names from dozens and dozens of friends online.

We have decided to name the puppy Pilot, which is the name of the dog owned by Edward Fairfax Rochester in the book "Jane Eyre". In addition to being a favorite novel, my hometown is Rochester, Minnesota, and we now live in Fairfax County, Virginia. We are dorks and appreciate the symmetry. For short, we will call him Pip, which is our nod to the character Peregrin ‘Pippin' Took from "The Lord of the Rings" books. :-)

Thank you again for all the great suggestions and for sharing in the excitement of welcoming our puppy into our family.
  • atorina21
    atorina21 Posts: 65 Member
    Baxter. just saw your post. pilot is an interesting name.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Well, I guess that name is a lot better than Lunch.

Congrats!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member

...Ranging from Charlie, to Bentley, to Lunch, to Mr. Snuzzle Fuzzybutt Cuddlepants, I received over 200 different names from dozens and dozens of friends online....

Yay! You liked my suggestion!
    Nice choice for a name! And as a lover and aficionado of everything Tolkien, I heartily approve of his nickname! Have fun!

I'll have you know that Mr. Snuzzle Fuzzybutt Cuddlepants will be my go-to for a nickname. :-)
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    <<<<<< This is Ralphie. At first I was going to call him "Smudge" because he was 6 lbs when we got him from the Baja Rescue. But that name could hurt his self-esteem. We got him because we were sad our old dog had to be put to sleep. This puppy cheered us up so fast and so much we almost called him Xanax. But that is a lot to live up to when you are a mutt. So he is Ralphie.
  • BertramG
    BertramG Posts: 13 Member
    I thought that Bertram was a good name ...lol
  • CaitKilla
    CaitKilla Posts: 75 Member
    Coda!!
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Lord Batman Pupperino
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    I will watch to see how many people try to give this 2.5 year old dog a new name..
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I will watch to see how many people try to give this 2.5 year old dog a new name..

Oh it'll happen.

How about spot?
    Crap I fell for it

lol
  • kathiewhitwell
    kathiewhitwell Posts: 1 Member
    Henri Peire
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Hermes

At first glance, I thought that said : Herpes

Poor Dog.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    *kitten* head

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRjEpOLOIU53uRz-HEKiDud9MSMCHPTI9qP2tvN2DkbIN01N-m3w
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    when I was a kid, we got a puppy.

my dad said that he wanted to name it: Pissonya

he was kidding

I think
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Arrr how cute is he!! We are thinking about getting a puppy and names I have are; dieago, Hugo, Vader, monty and mylo. And a few others I can't remember lol x
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    I like unusual names. All my pets have clever names. But I admit, he looks like a Charles.. and I hate the name Charles.

I had a shepherd once and the first thing I thought of when I saw him was "Jacob".. But that isn't my style so I looked up names related to Jacob. I came up with Asher, one of Jacobs 12 sons in the Bible.

If you are looking for old fashioned, Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind was pretty darn cute. Velvet, Ashley, Captain, (omg he'd look awwwdorable in a sailor suit and hat!), Skipper, Chandler, Shepherd, Skyler, Lyric, Vinyl, Soliloquy, Reaver (for plundering your heart)..
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    After all that, the OP didn't even name the dog one of the suggested names. I think we should think up better names for the dog.