Chocolatey goodness

katrina6823
katrina6823 Posts: 70 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for low calorie chocolate recipes, just anything chocolate haha I get cravings and trying to find something other then chocolate bars to satisfy the craving :)

Please and thank you

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I like making chocolate pancakes with Kodiak pancake mix (if you can find it) - its higher in protein than other mixes and then I add a dash of honey on top - delish
  • Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
    I add chocolate protein powder to yogurt and porridge..yum
  • katrina6823
    I am actually going to be trying the brownie recipe that substitutes the oil/butter with greek yogurt and uses just egg whites.

I can update after my attempt tonight if you would like.

You can also make chocolate meringue kisses. Those are very little calories per and since they are so sweet, I find I only need one or 2.

That sounds great let me know how it goes :)
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member

Will do!! I am hoping they turn out well and a reasonable calorie count per serving!
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Zhena's Chocolate Chai tea with some almond milk and stevia is a very low calorie treat.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,859 Member

The brownies turned out great!! I added extra baking powder to the ingredients I used so that they came out lighter and I also put them in muffin tins so that they were pre-portioned.

Recipe:
    I cup flour
    1/4 cup greek yogurt (0% fat)
    3/4 water
    3/4 cup white sugar (recipe said you can substitute for sweetener... I don't like that after taste though)
    1tbsp baking powder
    6tbsp cocoa powder
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1/4ttsp salt

I baked at 350C for 14mins (they were still wet on the inside when I used a toothpick... but wanted them to not be dry)

After they settled, they were amazing!!! The size I made and weighed out, they came to 78cals each.

What size muffin tin did you use, full size or mini muffins?
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    CarolPre wrote: »
    What size muffin tin did you use, full size or mini muffins?

I used regular, only filled them about 1/4 full and then raised to about 3/4 full while baking.
  • katrina6823
    That's awesome thanks I might have to try for a sneaky treat :)
  • JESSICA27SMILE
    JESSICA27SMILE Posts: 1 Member
    Try making some "fat bombs" as they call them. So good. High in fat Low in carbs
  • VlpW
    VlpW Posts: 53 Member
    I like warm pudding, so I heat up a cup of sugar free chocolate pudding in the microwave, adding one-half square of unsweetened baking chocolate. It's dark and rich, reminiscent of pot de creme. I sometimes add cocoa powder to cottage cheese or oatmeal or add chocolate chips to oatmeal. I make a deconstructed chocolate cream pie by baking one portion of a frozen pie crust then crumbling it on top of one of the sugar free chocolate pudding cups...only 150 calories and totally worth it!
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    I eat fat free cool whip with cocoa in it or chocolate calorie free flavor drops :)
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    I had this same problem today! I make chocolate oatmeal. Oatmeal with almond milk and unsweetened cocoa powder. You can add honey for sweetness or peanut butter. It's all the goodness of chocolate with less calories and more fiber.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    I was trying to make a frosting without using all the butter and sugar and came up with this recipe:

2 tbsp real maple syrup
    1.5 tbsp raw dark cocoa
    1 tbsp of greek yogurt
    1 tbsp of tapioca flour
    1 tsp vanilla

About 170 calories for 1/4 cup but it is a chocolate explosion. You could put it on anything like you would Nutella or just eat it as is like a pudding. If you want it a little more liquid you could add water or half and half cream, a tsp at most. If you want it thicker you can add a bit more tapioca. I don't like artificial sweeteners but if you use them you could sub in some sugar free syrup :s and probably get it down to 100 calories or so. Best part is it takes minutes to make, is stable in the fridge for days and you can vary the sweetness to suit your individual taste just by changing up the quantity of syrup. I make it by putting the powder in a small bowl, whisk it together, but the rest in and whisk it up for a minute until it all blends together. Refrigerate. I'm going to try it for the first time on some Black Bean or Sweet Potato Brownies this weekend. It's already passed the kid test so I know it's good!