Not sure where I fit in

Options
pinuplove
pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
By no means new to mfp. I lost 56 pounds here a few years ago, then life got in the way as it tends to do. I'm back now to lose 35 lbs and regain control

Replies

• pinuplove
    Options
    Not sure where the rest of my post went! To recap, loved my quirky weird fun friends (a few of whom are still here, yay!) Love to meet more.

I'm 37, married, mom of 2, not as young or cool as I used to be and not liking it lol. Raising the next generation of geeks is fun though! And I still love pinup art.
  • mija4806
    mija4806 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been here awhile. I'm wife and mother of 4,we can continue this journey together.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You worked hard before and had success, you can do it again! Good luck!!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    You're an MFP veteran, which means you fit in everywhere. Welcome back! ;)
  • pinuplove
    Options
    You're an MFP veteran, which means you fit in everywhere. Welcome back! ;)

Bit like going back to high school! :p
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Good job on rejoining the community !
  • 1lauratm1
    1lauratm1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm just started about a month ago. I think friends could help me stay motivated. I'm unsure about how much weight I should lose, because while I was gaining a lot of the time I was working out. I think a good part of my weight gain is muscle. I don't look like I gained 29 pounds I look like I gained between 10-15, maybe 20?
    Before this gain I had lost a lot of weight training for a 5K doing the couh to 5k waking to running thing.. and I know weight going up and down too much is bad for people too!1 It's very confusing. Anyway nice to meet everyone!
  • aiharrison
    aiharrison Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first time posting on any thread. I've been using MFP and fitbit for several years now. When I first started I lost all the weight I wanted and kept it off for a yr. I've slowly gained it all back plus some. I come up with excuses as to why but the truth is I've gotten lazy and eat too much.

Any suggestions on how to stop snacking all day long.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    aiharrison wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to stop snacking all day long.
    I like pre-logging so I know where I stand and how much wiggle room there is for snacks. You're not alone! I'm not thrilled to have gained back a fair bit of the weight I worked so hard to lose but it's 100% my own fault.
  • aiharrison
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I like pre-logging so I know where I stand and how much wiggle room there is for snacks.
    [/quote]

Thank you for your suggestion. My problem is I need to start planning meals. Sometimes I don't feel satisfied so I keep snacking until I finally find that one thing that takes away the urge to eat. I have a desk job and I have noticed when I sit a lot I tend to eat more. When I'm busy doing things eating isn't a problem.
  • aiharrison
    Options
    I just noticed I can add a morning snack and afternoon snack to my food diary. Hopefully that will help me to pay more attention to what I eat when.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    I hate the craving/searching feeling. I work a desk job too and have figured out I just can't keep anything other than planned snacks at my work. Planning helps a ton! I definitely use the snacks in my diary. Morning not so much but afternoons can get long and boring plus I do better at dinner when I'm not starving
  • aiharrison
    Options
    I hate the craving/searching feeling. I work a desk job too and have figured out I just can't keep anything other than planned snacks at my work. Planning helps a ton! I definitely use the snacks in my diary. Morning not so much but afternoons can get long and boring plus I do better at dinner when I'm not starving

Thank you so much. I logged the foods I knew I would definately be eating today and what I thought I might eat for a morning and afternoon snack. It worked! So far I've stayed on track. Still have an evening snack to log. I'm thinking a smoothie made from Joint Juice & frozen cherry berry mix. (BTW I'm 57 yrs old with a 10 yrs old son and grown grandchildren).

I did 13 minutes on the treadmill before work, 15 minute Office Chair & Wall Drill from Workout Trainer App at work today, came home and did 24 minutes on Fit You (a Roku channel) 21 Day Transformation Day 4 HIIT full body workout before dinner. That is the most I've exercised since my grown daughter & I did Boot Camp at the YMCA last Sept to Oct.

How was your day? Sorry I went on about me first. I hope you managed to stay on track and sneak in some type of a workout. What type of exercise do you prefer?
  • aiharrison
    Options
    1lauratm1 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm just started about a month ago. I think friends could help me stay motivated. I'm unsure about how much weight I should lose, because while I was gaining a lot of the time I was working out. I think a good part of my weight gain is muscle. I don't look like I gained 29 pounds I look like I gained between 10-15, maybe 20?
    Before this gain I had lost a lot of weight training for a 5K doing the couh to 5k waking to running thing.. and I know weight going up and down too much is bad for people too!1 It's very confusing. Anyway nice to meet everyone!

Even thought I do weigh myself daily I pay closer attention to how my clothes fit and how I feel. As you already know muscle weighs more that fat and it takes up a lot less space. Good luck with your journey. I hope you reach your goal.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Fitting in is overrated. Man, that sounds better in my head.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    aiharrison wrote: »

Thank you so much. I logged the foods I knew I would definately be eating today and what I thought I might eat for a morning and afternoon snack. It worked! ...
    How was your day? Sorry I went on about me first. I hope you managed to stay on track and sneak in some type of a workout. What type of exercise do you prefer?

So glad the logging ahead worked! I had my day all filled in then we decided to go out for dinner. It happens!

I'm sort of a couch potato to be honest. I've never done much more than light cardio and some half-hearted lifting. Sounds like you've found a way to work in some good activity.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Fitting in is overrated. Man, that sounds better in my head.

It usually does :smiley: