Still hungry!!!!

Options
I just started eating healthier and staying away from pop, however I'm still hungry!!! I'm 27 and weigh 238lbs and I'm 5'2". MFP says I should consume around 100g of protein and 25g of fiber but I've been eating 120-130g of protein and 50g of fiber but I'm still so hungry even right after I eat. Below is a list of what I've been eating.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 whole wheat toast
Snack 1: shakeology, almond milk unsweetened, banana
Lunch: whole wheat bread, 2oz turkey breast, 1 cup of celery, 1 cup of baby carrots
Snack 2: oatmeal, 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt with 1 cup of berries
Snack 3: 1 serving of nuts
Dinner: turkey burger on whole wheat bun, 1/2 cup of baked beans
Snack 4: beef jerky 1oz
Drinking 64oz of water a day or more

All of this is around 1800-1900 calories give or take if I switch it up with other healthy foods. I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to eating around almost everyday and drinking like 20-30oz of pop a day and now I'm eating healthier or what....

Replies

• Tiffanylynn1024
    Tiffanylynn1024 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Eating out everyday*****
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you open your diary?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Tiffyrh07 wrote: »
    I just started eating healthier and staying away from pop, however I'm still hungry!!! I'm 27 and weigh 238lbs and I'm 5'2". MFP says I should consume around 100g of protein and 25g of fiber but I've been eating 120-130g of protein and 50g of fiber but I'm still so hungry even right after I eat. Below is a list of what I've been eating.

Lunch: whole wheat bread, 2oz turkey breast, 1 cup of celery, 1 cup of baby carrots

All of this is around 1800-1900 calories give or take if I switch it up with other healthy foods. I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to eating around almost everyday and drinking like 20-30oz of pop a day and now I'm eating healthier or what....

I find it hard to believe that you are actually hungry after eating all THAT. Possibly you are so accustomed to eating to the point of feeling FULL, that you no longer know what hunger feels like. Just need a little retraining. Gotta get use to NOT being full. That's really the biggest change for many people.
  • Tiffanylynn1024
    Options
    can you open your diary?

dwe5rxiowrye.png
    1zf6z73rxakc.png
    8kbcejacd15p.png
    61h4xaj2l0yd.png
    3srcevkegine.png
    7mdzm37n1x8t.png
    lfen4qrdqfgk.png

• Tiffanylynn1024
    Options

I find it hard to believe that you are actually hungry after eating all THAT. Possibly you are so accustomed to eating to the point of feeling FULL, that you no longer know what hunger feels like. Just need a little retraining. Gotta get use to NOT being full. That's really the biggest change for many people.

Probably is the reason because I was overeating before and now this week I'm trying not to
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure that i would be satisfied with that either. but mostly because i don't like to have 6 small things a day, i'm way more satiated from 2-3 meals so i allocate my calories towards larger portions fewer times per day.

it takes a while to find what works for you but keep playing around with it. you can also play with your macros on mfp a bit because that is also an adjustment that can be pretty individual. some people feel more satisfied with protein and fiber, others with carbs, or protein and fat combos, etc.
  • mrramsey1969
    mrramsey1969 Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    How are you eating? By that I mean are you taking a nice leisurely approach. Avoid eating fast. Eating food over a period of time helps. Here's a challenge... take an orange and consume it over 15 minutes.

When we have dinner in the evening I found it really beneficial to slow things down. I will eat my measured portion over time enjoying conversation. I end up 'full' and many times haven't finished what would have been half of what I would normally eat.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The first couple of weeks of making a drastic change are going to be the hardest. Your brain, belly, and body are accustomed to eating enough to maintain a 100 lb weight surplus. You've suddenly begun eating as if you are maintaining that 130 lb body you want. Fortunately, the stomach replaces itself quickly and the stretched-out big stomach you needed last week is shrinking into something that is needed to handle the food you're eating now. The funny thing about big stomachs, they signal when they are empty and you want to fill them. As you force your stomach to shrink, you reduce the opportunity it has to detect it's emptiness, and the hunger signals diminish.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    This may sound crazy but WHAT you are eating could be part of the problem. Bread or other similar types of carbs make me insatiably hungry. Perhaps replace the bread with something else except at dinner. You'll know by the end of the first day if that was contributing because the hunger will be immediately less if it is.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Too much bread. I love bread but if I have more than 200 calories of it in one day, I'll be hungry. Have more veggies, and/or replace some of your bread with lettuce/low carb tortillas.
  • Tiffanylynn1024
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid drinking my calories, eat an orange instead of orange juice? But some days I'm just hungry, my go-to emergency filler is a can of green beans for a snack. Luckily, I like green beans. :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Several small meals a day make me hungrier too. I eat only 2 meals a day and 2 snacks.

Also make sure you are getting 7-8hrs of sleep. Lack of sleep raises stress hormone which makes you hungrier the next day.

I'm also hungrier if I don't drink enough water.

I've also found a carb/fat/protein at every meal helps keep me satisfied.

Hope this helps!
  • siaramycala03
    siaramycala03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get really hungry towards the end of the night. What has worked for me is doing an hour workout before dinner and then eating. After that 2 hours before bed a drink 3 glades of water and that has really helped tremendously.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    It's probably a combination of the eating pattern being different, the fact that you're choosing some things that have a lot of calories but don't take up room in your stomach (like nuts and granola), and that you cut out a lot of carbonated beverages and those can fill some people up. How much liquid are you drinking now that you cut out soda?
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have my "breakfast" most days anywhere between noon and 4:00 pm, but I'm constantly drinking coffee. I homeschool my kids, so my mind is always distracted, and the coffee keeps my tummy feeling warm and full. You might want to see if warm coffee or tea would help you in a similar way. Also, what do your macros look like? You might want to experiment around with them -- eat more fat or protein then MFP recommends. maybe. I know I require way more fat than they recommend, lol.
  • perris101
    perris101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry also trying to stay healthy lower colesterol I will try coffee with no sugar vanilla cream as a treat just started this week
  • RemarkablyUnremarkable
    Options
    Two things stand out to me, the hard boiled egg says 1.8 eggs at 136? An egg is typically around 70. Did I miss something? Also the 2 slices 35 calorie bread but your eating a slice and half? I'd ditch the bread/shakeology personally maybe add another egg? I eat eggs for breakfast most days since I have my own chickens, I add an ounce of maybe ham or turkey and a half cup of spinach, a few mushrooms and salsa on top. It's filling and packed with fiber protein etc to get me feeling full. Maybe you are used to feeling over full and your not adjusted yet to normal portions as well? I'd add more veggies and fruits that you can fit into your goal and eat more