Advice please!!

Options
Current pictures.. I'm looking to lose about 5 stone anyone got big goals who are doing very well? Could do with some advice really..
currently 14stone 10, I'm active any recipes or anything that's a good help?6nnx0512blot.jpg
mwant2voo4jc.jpg

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You look healthy in those pictures. You may want to reassess your goal. How tall are you?
  • bakerchloe
    bakerchloe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3ins..
    More doing it for what other people say than anything, as I feel fine just fed up of other people critisizing all the time!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    bakerchloe wrote: »
    I'm 5ft 3ins..
    More doing it for what other people say than anything, as I feel fine just fed up of other people critisizing all the time!

Tell them to go to hell. Your body your choices. They have no business commenting and criticizing.

If you truly feel like you want to change something, maybe look into recompostion:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

This would include strength training:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Best of luck to you.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I can't really see where you are hiding those stones :p I think a punch on the nose is in order if someone comments on your weight. As I said, you look lovely. You may be muscular, but are you sure the scales are accurate? Maybe try another for a second opinion? I'm the same height BTW.
  • mikepicher
    mikepicher Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll agree with all of those above. But, if you're looking to change something, find something that is some sort of daily 'bad habit' and tweak/change it. Maybe it's that afternoon coffee/latte... work on dropping the amount of sugar or switching to black coffee/ etc. Small changes (specially with respect to sugar) can make a big difference over time. Once you've conquered that bad habit, move on to another.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Re-weight yourself on some different scales.

5'3" woman weighing 206lb (14 stone 10lbs) is Obese Class II and you don't look that big from your photographs.

Advice on losing weight:
    • Don't exclude any food groups
    • Eat what you enjoy within your calorific target
    • Exercise if you want to but you don't need to
    • Take your time - the people who take it slow and steady are the ones who seem to be most sucessful
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your scale isn't broken? The amount you say you weigh doesn't seem to match the pictures. Sure, it looks like it wouldn't hurt you to lose some, but I'm not seeing 5 stone in the picture. Maybe just don't mess with the scale at all and just lose until your arms lose their puffiness.
  • Makeitso39
    Makeitso39 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Is that a magic mirror? There's no way you're carrying 5 stone extra. I'd have guessed you weighed 10 stone from those pictures!

Regardless, you should weigh whatever makes you happy, everyone else should mind their own business.
  • bakerchloe
    bakerchloe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    They were brand new weighing scales when first weighed so they should be right shouldn't they?
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    bakerchloe wrote: »
    They were brand new weighing scales when first weighed so they should be right shouldn't they?

Who knows, the only way to find out if they are way out is to check a few other sets of scales. If they are new, and they are significantly out, at least you can take them back.

The general consensus seems to be either: You're lighter than you think or the combination of your excellent clothing choice and the angle of the photos is making you look smaller than in real life. Either way, you're in a pretty good place.