Elliptical OR treadmill

Options
I was just wondering which machine you have seen better results with.. I was doing both but now I am going to be lazy and only do one everyday. I just want to know which one in the end will make me look better/ leaner
Thanks

Replies

• KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I was just wondering which machine you have seen better results with.. I was doing both but now I am going to be lazy and only do one everyday. I just want to know which one in the end will make me look better/ leaner
    Thanks
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    For this old lady...the Elliptical is my machine of choice.....easier for me.....But they are both good exercise...:flowerforyou:
  • tattooed81
    Options
    :love: I am completely in LOVE with the elliptical! Burns calories in half the time and works more muscle groups.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    me too...elliptical :love: ..the treadmill hurts my shins...
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like the elliptical. I used one yesterday, set that sucker to weight loss and was on my merry way!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm a treadmill girl. :blushing: But I would LOVE to have an elliptical for those days when my legs are really hurting. :frown:
  • dewassel
    Options
    My trainer said the tredmill gets better results so I'm trying that now...
  • Heatmiser
    Heatmiser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I switch back and forth, but I tend to go for the treadmill more. I have never seen an out-of shape runner!!:laugh:
  • rosered51
    rosered51 Posts: 189
    Options
    I downloaded Jillian's programs and she recommended the treadmill over the eliptical. For me, I like the treadmill better. Being well-endowed, the eliptical is hard for me to do. I feel so uncoordinated. However, my hubby has knee problems so the eliptical is better for him. It really depends on you and your health concerns. The way to burn more calories is to do the incline and speed it up!

Good Luck!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I found if I start out on the treadmill and warm up for about 15 minutes it makes doing the elliptical alot easier. I get a better sweat on the elliptical than the tread and found it hard at first. I couldnt even make it 10 minutes without my side hurting and being out of breath.. LOL I started plugging a little elliptical time to the end of my treadmill workouts and found that after about a week I can now make it a full 25 minutes or more when I want to! I still use the treadmill to warm up and I have noticed my inner thighs are feeling firmer so I will definitely be sticking with the elliptical! :)
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    Treadmill fan here too. I love running! I do cardio 6 days a week. 5 days of running and one day on the elliptical. Both are great weight loss tools.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Also, the trainer at the gym said the elliptical is way less impact on joints compared to the treadmill. I have noticed that my ankles, back and knees dont hurt as much anymore because Im using it.

:happy:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    My choice would also be the elliptical - more variety and more fun IMO! :smile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm more antreadmill fan, although my hubby loves the eliptical. I have now starting sprinting on the treadmill=it's a kicker, and I dread Thurs. and Sat., but best for burning fat and keeping your metabolism up for hours!:bigsmile: