cholesterol

Options
Anyone have tips to lower my 274 cholesterol?

Replies

• laurad8911
    laurad8911 Posts: 99
    Options
    cut down on (or better yet, eliminate) animal products (meat, dairy, eggs). they are the only sources of cholesterol.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Insoluble fiber binds to fatty acids in the blood that turn into cholesterol. Increasing foods with soluble and insoluble fiber, and decreasing your sources of cholesterol (animal products), drinking a lot of water, and exercising regularly, are great places to start!

Good luck!
  • pocha0704
    pocha0704 Posts: 64
    Options
    bump
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    chitosan from lucky vitamins
    will have you under 200 in no time- without destroying your liver!
    also- quit eatin all that crap!
  • ravgirly
    ravgirly Posts: 32
    Options
    Shakeology has been proven to lower cholesterol, has a low glycemic index, is gluten and caffeine free and has over 70+ super foods in it. I've used it for several months now. I've lost weight with the combination of exercise and Shakeology. I go back to the doc for my wellness check next month and I'll know then how much mine has dropped, but my mom uses Shakeology and has dropped her cholesterol 23 points so far. I highly recommend it. I have result pics posted for my loss to date and am healthier than I have been in a long time.. maybe ever. Clean eating is your best weapon against high cholesterol.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Why?
    Do you feel unhealthy? Have atherosclerosis? Need to loose weight?
    If so, you need to cut sugars and flour (bad carbs), eat fruit and veggies(good carbs), and seafood (good fatty protein), and lift heavy things (workouts NOT timeouts).
    I personally eat LOTS OF DIETARY CHOLESTEROL (eggs, cream, venison etc) .
    My Total ranges 181-231 seasonally ( thanks to corporate wellness checks ) but my HDL /Total ratio (or whatever) is apparently great, and my LDL is large, puffy and non-oxidized.(?)
    If you don't know what that means, check it out.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Excellent tips so far.

I'd also add... "Eat in moderation. Health markers generally improve as you lose weight"
  • goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My good cholesterol is 71...the other needs work!!
  • greej
    greej Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    cut down on (or better yet, eliminate) animal products (meat, dairy, eggs). they are the only sources of cholesterol.

100% this.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    eat more fibre.......