I have dropped 54 lbs in total and was feeling
really good until I saw some pics my niece took tonight
while we were playing badminton :noway:
I still look fat and sloppy after all the weight no improvement :cry:

Replies

• Casey9968
    Casey9968 Posts: 17
    Options
    54 lbs is amazing and you should be so proud of yourself! you rock! You should find a picture from when you first started and compare, I'm sure then that you will notice the difference.
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a break! You have lost a lot! All you probably need is a little toning. Never underestimate how much you have already done! That is amazing! We are not all here on MFP because losing weight is easy.
    Keep up the good work. It will all come with time!
  • vrodriguez87
    vrodriguez87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    a lot of times it takes other ppl to tell us how much weight we lost before seeing it ourselves. so let me tell you that i see nothing fat and sloppy in your pic! you are doing such a great job, start seeing yourself for who you are now and not how you looked back then. pull out some older pics of your self and im sure you will see the difference. :happy:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I bet you are over reacting. I am in the middle of my own little pity party, but my guess is that there is a difference. Do you take measurements? Were you wearing some of your old, baggy clothes?

Here's what my hubs tells me - You see yourself everyday, so it's harder for you to see a difference. And think about this - how many people can say that they have lost 54 pounds?

Now, I have to go back to my own pity party, thanks you very much.
  • AJDL
    AJDL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! You have done such an amazing job, and look really great! I think that if you feel better, that's what counts. It's not about numbers. Just keep looking forward, not back.
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job!! The other night I was having a similar conversation with one of my facebook buddies - and my favorite thing to say is "Rock what ya Got!!" You will get to the place you want to be with time - but love where you are at each step. You are beautiful yesterday, today, and tomorrow!! =)

Keep finding that best you!! You can do it! You have tons of support here!!

:)
    Erika
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Be encouraged and of good faith. Look at the pictures from where you came from. Think of where you goal sets you. Continue eating right, exercise (weights and cardio combined) and when you get that beach body don't forget about us trolls still trying to get there :blushing:
  • BBcoachkikicantfail
    BBcoachkikicantfail Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend, the camera is no one's friend. You have done what so many have yet to. You are a champion. Never forget that. On the flip side, maybe is psychological (sorry, I'm a healthcare professional), maybe it's actual loose skin that will need some tightening. Maybe you are realizing that you may need to change up your routine a bit. I'd be curious to know what you are doing for exercise. Please don't beat yourself up about it. If you need to avaoid pics for the meantime, do so. We are here for you. Whenever you get down, come let us lift you up!

I would love to invite you to our Team Cantfail 30/60/90 day Fitness Challenge on Facebook. It's awesome, online and free, but a smaller venue for more support. We post videos and pics and really support one another. Message me if you want more info. All are welcome! It's helped me drop 7lbs in 10 days and is very motivational. Round 2 starts soon! But please, in the meantime, reach out!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    That sucks, truly, but hang in there. You for sure look tons better than you did before!!! You are on your way and have a little bit further to go that's all. Proud of you!!!
  • mommachef
    mommachef Posts: 52
    Options
    54 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! Go exercise--get the endorphins going and you'll feel better!
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    You're being way too hard on yourself. Losing 50 plus pounds isn't easy and you should give yourself some credit for that. I understand looks matter, but you should feel so much healthier now. Let your overall health be your focus and continue on with your weight loss goals.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I see need the support :smooched:

I do zumba 3 days a week, play badminton every evening,
    play wii sports and boxing every other day and have started doing
    weight training 3 days a week.
    I plan to start p90x next week
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    I agree! That's a lot! You shouldn't be too hard on yourself. :)
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Very interesting advice on this thread ... Thanks... Bump for later ...