oh yeah protein shakes

Options
Bought some today, what are your thoughts?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    shake well
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    I LOVE muscle milk..its a protein shake....
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology from BEACHBODY, it is good for you and taste yummy...like a frosty from Wendy's
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I mix my vanilla with vanilla or regular almond milk. Either drink or pour over cereal. Sometimes I'll put it in yogurt. I was using ON Gold Standard but switched to Gaspari Nutrition. I think it tastes better
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't tolerate the protein you mix with milk. I love sweets and fruits so I tried Nectar Protein (YOu have to order online). I went through a container of Fuzzy Navel and now I am working on Twisted CHerry. You mix with water and it tastes great!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I also use Shakeology, and 100% Whey by Muscle Milk. They are the best i've tried. What did you get?
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i make high-protein smoothies with kale (or any green, really - today i had it with broccoli rabe), almond or coconut milk, hemp powder, a banana and whatever frozen fruit i have on hand. they're full of fiber, protein and many micronutrients, are vegan and taste delicious. i have one every single morning and sometimes for lunch, too.

i have great, greenish poops and i feel healthy and clean from the inside out.
  • WayneOne
    WayneOne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Most shakes have way more calories and protein than your body needs in a quick shot. Maybe use those calories by eating real/ more filling foods....... I have to agree though, they do taste good!
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I drink them everyday.

1 scoop of chocolate protein
    2 cups ice
    5-6 chopped strawberries
    1 small banana
    1 cup of vanilla soy milk
    Blend

Smoothies for two.. :flowerforyou:
  • nsyl2350
    nsyl2350 Posts: 11
    Options
    Depends on the brand, flavor and kind of protein you are consuming. I've used Muscle Milk (Love it but high in calories), Nitro 24 (Ten forms of protein), and Optimum Gold Standard for different tastes and outcomes. It basically comes down to personal choice.
    If you want to learn more on them than I can tell you here check out this link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/protein.htm

It's a complete description of proteins by Bodybuilding.com. Does a pretty thorough job explaining. Just don't try to get your head wrapped around it all in one night.

As for me, I'm using Nitro 24 with frozen/fresh fruit, ice and water to make post bike ride smoothies. It cools me down and fills me up. The protein keeps my appetite down...at least for a little while.

J.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I make mine using chocolate flavored MetRx powder (I order it online). I put frozen pie cherries in the blender, add nonfat milk, a banana or other fruit and half a packet of protein powder. It's rich and chocolatey and quite satisfying, with about 200 to 250 calories.
  • thecodester19
    Options
    depends on why you have them, muscle milk is essentially a meal replacement due to the high calorie, fat, and vitamin content, if you are looking for a post workout supplement try something like hydrowhey or isopure, they both have isolate whey protein which absorbs fast when your muscles need it, also low carbs and fat and calories, prob I have with muscle milk is the soy lecithin which increases estrogen and encourages breast growth in men.....just sayin
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bought some today, what are your thoughts?

They are a great convenience item. They also taste fantastic when blended with water, ice cubes and frozen blueberries. I'm currently eating Muscle Milk, but will switch to Monster Milk as soon as I'm done my my current tub.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    prob I have with muscle milk is the soy lecithin which increases estrogen and encourages breast growth in men.....just sayin

LOL, bro science at its absolute best...

Have you even checked the ingredients for Isopure zero carb? :laugh:
  • zmoreno10
    zmoreno10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    EAS Triple Protein (Chocolate or Vanilla) is ridiculously delicious.

Recently I switched to Cytosport 100% Whey Protein by Muscle Milk. I drink two of them per day; one before my workout and one immediately after. I mix with water, and total I am consuming 260 calories for the two shakes. If you have a costco membership, you can pick up a 6 pound bag for $34-ish.

I know some people say that protein shakes have way too many calories, but it all depends on your caloric intake and exercise for the day. I run at least 3 miles per day and then lift immediately after. And since I exercise in the morning, the first shake provides the calories I need to make it through my workout; and the shake afterwards helps me refuel my body and build the lean muscle I am looking for. And the 130 calories per shake barely makes a dent in my total calories for the day.

Best of luck, and happy mixing!!!!
  • thecodester19
    Options
    prob I have with muscle milk is the soy lecithin which increases estrogen and encourages breast growth in men.....just sayin

LOL, bro science at its absolute best...

Have you even checked the ingredients for Isopure zero carb? :laugh:

Yes, in fact I have a bottle right here of Blue Raspberry....filtered water, ion exchange whey (milk) protein isolate, natural and artificial flavors, sucralose, phosphori acid, polysorbate 80, FD&C Blue 1.....why do you ask?
  • ParrotHead23
    Options
    Couldn't pass up this topic. I also use SHAKEOLOGY by BEACHBODY. I started in January. I'll have about 2 shakes every 3 days. As far as weight loss, my personal results aren't in yet (due to my poor discipline), but check this out - I haven't been sick for one day his year, and my gut tells me SHAKEOLOGY has a lot to do with that.