Green tea!?

2»

Replies

• farrell16
    farrell16 Posts: 49 Member
    farrell16 wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    farrell16 wrote: »
    To be used with a program of reduced intake of dietary calories and increased physical activity (if possible) to help in weight management
    And there you go. The classic disclaimer for OTC products promising weight reduction. Eating kitty litter will cause weight loss, if combined with with a reduction in calories, and exercise.

Lol you do realize that yes of course exercise and calorie deficit are key... they are called supplements because they "Supplement" what you are doing. Ofcourse if you took the best proven diet product in the world but ate big macs on the couch you won't lose weight. This is The government they have no hidden motive to sell you green tea... but of course they are going to outline that so they don't have some sad person sue them lol

Why people on this site are so opposed to supplements baffle me. The science is literally everywhere in published medical journals... you just have to take a look around. 100% diet and exercise will make up 80% of your results genetics probably accounts for 15-18%... and if supplements help 2-5% then why not tkae advantage?

I agree with you that science show the benefits, but I think that the reason people are so against it on here is that it's unfortunate when individuals think there is a magic pill etc that will work.

Their point is that what truly works is diet and exercise and not to be banking on something easy. It's more important to focus on those things than hoping that green tea will help counteract calories.

Right or wrong about the facts overall they are correct to encourage focusing on the pieces of the puzzle that are undeniable (not that the science behind some of these supplements isn't undeniable but there is all the fuzzy area for consumers on how much to take or whether it's pure etc etc).

That is certainly fair enough. That element has never been in doubt in my mind... no pill no drink no supplement does anything on their own. The key results will always come from your diet and exercise... and I'm all for promoting that fact for sure. But just find it so strange how the boards will lash out against products that have shown a therapeutic benefit based on multiple double blind placebo controlled studies published in respectable medical journals and just say ahhh its all snake oil, but with no real evidence to support it. People are here for advice, so my thought is if what they are wanting to do is safe and beneficial then why shoot down thie use based on a personal bias.

That being said its all WickandArtoo is correct its the effort in the kitchen and the gym that matter most. But if the OP would like to add Green Tea then please feel free to do so... even if it only takes your calorie defict from -400 calories to -450 calories every little bit helps so why not. Every pound of fat contains approximately 3500 calories... its a lot to chip away at. If you would like to use supplements and use them as directed and as supported by science then by all means do not hesitate.

People will support taking aspirin at the drop of a hat, but you tell them to take white willow bark which is the source of salicin the active ingredient in aspirin and where aspirin is derived from and they call you crazy haha.

Supplements are not the solution but with your own research and proper use have theraputic uses.