Insanity -DvD ?

Options
Has anyone actually completed the entire insanity dvd and had results ? I feel like everytime i start it , its way too intense and by day 3 in the middle im like forget it ...anyone else, seriously?

Replies

• pandabeer76
    pandabeer76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I completed insanity and it is very intense and I did want to quit plenty of times. By the end of it I lost about 7 lbs and toned up quite a bit. I've read that if you stick to the diet your results are better but I didn't, instead I stuck with consuming 1500 calories a day wig a cheat meal once a week.

I'm actually completing a second round this month. The second month is a lot more intense and the workouts are longer. If you're not ready for the high intensity I'd recommend checking out fitness blenders high intensity workouts if you haven't before . They aren't as intense but I used them as a stepping stone to prepare for insanity.

I enjoyed it but it afterwards I found that if I didn't regularly keep up the high intensity intervals I quickly lost everything I worked hard for. I decided to give it another go just to experiment with different workouts and see how they compared to insanity.

At the end of the day it depends on our goals. If I can do it I'm sure you can too!!

I plan on trying my hand at weight lifting next because I've seen the results for females and they are more what I'm looking to achieve.

I hope this was helpful! I wish you the best of luck!
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just about got through the first month (quit out of pure laziness). Lost inches but no pounds. Many say the pounds don't really start dropping until you're about through the 2nd month. I'm going to ease myself back into exercise before attempting it again, but I really liked the challenge.
  • patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My brother started it at 300 lbs and finished it at 240 and has a six pack
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I've completed Insanity Max30 twice and used to take Insanity classes twice a week as a part of my old job (they needed to class to appear fuller). It's tough and I've had to use the modified moves at times but love it! I lost around 25lb and 2 pant sizes when I did the classes. I lost my first 15lb here through the modified max30 Insanity. I didn't do the meal plan though...just the workout.
  • tynapea3
    tynapea3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So as intense as it is , did yoh take breaks when needed and just continue to push through it ? I really want to complete but i feel like im going to pass out lol
  • patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Push as much as you can. Shaun t even says in the videos to take breaks when you have to, such as when your form is compromised.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    tynapea3 wrote: »
    So as intense as it is , did yoh take breaks when needed and just continue to push through it ? I really want to complete but i feel like im going to pass out lol

I felt it was too much for me, too early in my exercise journey.

I switched to T25 and loved it. Alternatively there is Insanity Max 30. Both are in the 30 minute range and much more manageable, while still kicking your a**!
  • tynapea3
    Options

I felt it was too much for me, too early in my exercise journey.

I switched to T25 and loved it. Alternatively there is Insanity Max 30. Both are in the 30 minute range and much more manageable, while still kicking your a**!

did you do it everyday ?

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    5 days a week if memory serves. After a while of that I ended up going into the gym and havent revisited the DVDs since.

I thought they were brilliant for getting me up and going, and did really benefit physically - so am a fan.

Insanity was just too much for me, I couldnt hack it.

T25 was ideal, with the warm down its nearer 30 minutes and it was just right for working me hard without over doing it.

I never actually did Max30, but it fits a similar niche and really appealed to me.
  • tynapea3
    Options
    yea i want to start it tomorrow ,i just don't know if i should do it for a month as a kick start or just till i see results ..
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Max30 next. I've done a bunch of the other programs. When I feel like I'm gonna die, I just march in place. There's nothing that says you HAVE to do all the moves. I actually kind of like when I have to modify or take breaks because at least I know I have something to work towards.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

The Max30 version tells you to take a 30sec break when you need one and jump back in. My first time through I maxed out (first break) by around 6min the entire first week with multiple breaks. I made sure to always jump back in and finish though. By the end of month 2 I wasn't even needing the extra breaks most times because the short water breaks built in were enough.
  • jmattmacd79
    jmattmacd79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Get a hrm so you can see the results you cant see directly - the calorie burn. That way when you are halfway through the warmup and feel like you already need to throwup you can see right there on your phone or wrist that you can take a little rest, let the heart rate drop a zone then get back up into it as soon as you can and you are still getting a phenomenal workout. Continue like that through the whole lot and you will find you can go a little longer each time. Also dont have your legs too wide. Josh.
  • crumpla13
    crumpla13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options