Top Travel Destinations

Options
bship15
bship15 Posts: 33 Member
Been thinking about traveling a bit this year. Trying to figure out where to go.

Where are your top places you have been or want to go?

Places I want to go - Greece, Italy, Egypt, St Luica, NYC
Favorite Places I have been - Yellowstone, San Diego, Colorado

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Want to go to Easter Island, Chile. One of the best places to stargaze, my favorite thing to do.

dfjir63eeqhx.jpg
  • bship15
    bship15 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Want to go to Easter Island, Chile. One of the best places to stargaze, my favorite thing to do.

dfjir63eeqhx.jpg

That looks amazing! Hadn't even thought of that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The family along with two other couples and their kids went to Colombia last May...it was amazing. Medellin is an incredible city. The Bay Islands of Honduras are awesome, especially if you're into scuba. Belize is pretty awesome, especially if you spend some time in the interior and then allot some time to the Cayes. The big island of Hawaii is really cool and night quite as touristy as other islands.

The family is going on safari next Christmas in Tanzania which I'm pretty sure is going to be an experience of a lifetime.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    The gym. Or maybe the beach...with a gym.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I've never been to the Grand Canyon or Niagra Falls and want to.

We did those in 2015 and 2016, though both were afterthoughts on larger road trips. We went to Yosemite/Sequoia NP in May, and went all over the NE from Buffalo to Maine to Boston this fall (Sept/early Oct). Smallmouth bass fishing in Erie was a bucket list trip, but we did a drive by (and road the Maid of the Mist) of Niagara. We spent one night at the Grand Canyon on your way home to Texas from California.

Despite all you read directing you to avoid the crowded parts of Yosemite, I loved the valley. I caught fish in the river and loved just staring up in wonder. We also got lucky (thanks global warming) and the upper park (name escapes me) road opened historically early, so we got to see the high sierra in early May as well. Glacier Point road was also open for us, which let us get a birds eye view of the valley without having to earn it ;)

Sequoia NP was what we came for and didn't disappoint though.

I have 3 black bass species that I've never caught, so on our next big trip I'm hoping to fire up the banjo and head to rural Georgia/Florida to chase some redeye, shoal and Suwannee bass. Other than that, Olympic NP, Glacier NP, and Denali are on our short lists.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Australia
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Favorite : Saint Barth's & Hawaii

Destination : Mars ( and beyond )
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Want to go: Iceland, Netherlands, Amalfi Coast, Greece, Croatia, New Zealand, Tahiti, Bora Bora, Maldives, Jamaica, Bahamas, Phuket, Palawan... I think I am missing some.

Place I have been and would love to go again: St Maarten <3
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    bship15 wrote: »
    Been thinking about traveling a bit this year. Trying to figure out where to go.

Where are your top places you have been or want to go?

Places I want to go - Greece, Italy, Egypt, St Luica, NYC
    Favorite Places I have been - Yellowstone, San Diego, Colorado

We went to the UK this passed May and omg, I did not want to leave Scotland. It was beautiful.

I love Scotland...we were there several years ago in July...perfect time to be there. Stunning place...
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

My favorite places I've been so far are Bermuda and Hawaii.

I try to go to the falls once a year it's so amazing. The Canadian side is best to view it from btw.

I love visiting London, Vienna, Rome Greece was amazing as was Hawaii. I don't think I could ever pick a favourite place to visit.

I do want to go to Iceland
  • zainaawali23
    zainaawali23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Been to Egypt and it was amazing. The people are so friendly and once you see the city of Cairo along the Nile and the desert on the other side, absolutly breathtaking. I rode camels and went quadding in the desert to see the pyramids. They are so huge. Like unbelievable! Took a cruise on the Nile and had dinner and they have belly dancers and little entertainments for the guests. There was a full moon out. So beautiful. Anytime you travel outside of the U.S., you come back a different person:)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Methow Valley

1-methow-valley-spring-bill-johnson.jpg

6168945239_99ac2675d2_z.jpg
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Places I would recommend:
    Guatemala - go hike a volcano, see some ruins, eat amazing food, enjoy the people
    Cambodia - Angkor Wat is worth stunning, the people are very friendly, and you really get exposed to life and culture radically different from your own
    Belize - beautiful, affordable, lots to do from beaches to ruins to cave tubing and ziplining
    South Africa - Cape Town is a very fun city, the Winelands are beautiful with some of my favorite wine in the world, and getting away from all of that and going on safari is a FANTASTIC experience
    New Zealand - the most beautiful place on earth, and one of the few where you can go from glaciers to beaches in a couple of hours. Definitely worth spending 2-3 weeks going around the country.
    Buenos Aires, Argentina - I wish I'd gotten to do more in Argentina when I was there, but I'd go back to Buenos Aires for the food and the music in a heartbeat.
    Chelan, Washington - if you like the outdoors, there's a lot to do here. If you like scenic views, it's stunning here. If you like good food and wine, there's plenty of that. And it's only a few hours from Seattle, so if you wanted to do a week in Washington there's plenty to keep you busy.
    Greece - so lovely, so much history, and so cheap right now.

Possible trips on my list this year, depending on husband's work schedule:
    -Some sort of train trip from London to Germany
    -A few days in Mexico City
    -A beach... Maybe St. Kitts or St. Vincent?
    -Morocco
    -Something else entirely if work sends husband somewhere cool

At some point I want to spend 3 weeks going around Chile, Argentina, and Peru. I want to see the Maldives before they sink. Madagascar, Iceland, the Seychelles, Easter Island, Ecuador and the Galapagos, Bhutan, a month-long tour of Asia hitting up the places I missed before... The world, basically.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Places I've been: France (loads of times), Italy, Germany, Rhodes, Switzerland, Holland, Cuba, California and Nevada.

I'd love to go to the Seychelles and Mauritius.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

My favorite places I've been so far are Bermuda and Hawaii.

My ex gf lived 3 hours from Niagara Falls, so we went when I flew up there one time. We got there about lunch, and toured the falls that first day. Then the new was kinda over lol. We went on a winery tour the next day. But having a room overlooking the falls was amazing. Made the night time a lot more interesting :smile:
  • kellylynnshonting
    kellylynnshonting Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have traveled through most of the Continental U.S. and by far my favorite place is Seattle and also coming in at a close second would be driving the PCH on the West Coast, especially through the Redwood Forest. Outside of the U.S., I would like to go to Greece, Iceland, and maybe even the plains of Africa.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Copenhagen casue I wanna see my family

Ireland and Scotland would be amazing too

Also want to see all of Canada
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    My favourite places I've been are Vienna and Salzburg, Austria and Bermuda
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My favorite places I've been: Ireland, Germany, and Iceland.

Places I want to go: Everywhere I've never been, honestly. But right now: Tokyo, Portugal, Nova Scotia, South Africa, Vietnam, Austria, and Alaska.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    kali31337 wrote: »
    My favorite places I've been: Ireland, Germany, and Iceland.

Places I want to go: Everywhere I've never been, honestly. But right now: Tokyo, Portugal, Nova Scotia, South Africa, Vietnam, Austria, and Alaska.

I live in Nova Scotia :) on cape breton island actually