Losing weight and maintaining food

Options
I'm having trouble getting 1500 Calories in.. without thinking I'm gaining weight. At the gym I go to. The trainner said to eat 5 times a day 300 Cal's per meal. Having trouble what meals without making me feel like I'm gaining..And then I also need help to stay focused...If anyone wants to help please do...Any advice?

Replies

• joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have had that problem too! I worried somehow that not being in the "1200 club" (which is necessary for some!) is somehow cheating. I had to sit down and put a typical pre-MFP day into my log to see how many calories I was eating before (fast food, pizza, and beer really add up!). It helped me to see that I have made a HUGE change by going down to my recommended 1430 per day. When you see how much you are really cutting out from where you started, it might help you feel less anxious about 1500 but a big number.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    if you are gaining weight, then you are eating more than 1500 calories; logging EVERYTHING (I can't look at your diary because its not public) will help (measure by weight for all non-liquids, not volume)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that you need to trust the math.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat 5 meals a day. If you like to do that, do it. If you prefer to eat 3 meals or 12 meals or one meal of 100 calories and one meal of 1400 calories, do that. Meal timing and splits do not matter for weight loss.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I don't understand "feeling like you're gaining"...you're either gaining weight or not...there's no feelz about it.

I know of exactly nobody who gains weight eating 1,500 calories.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Do you weight/measure everything you eat? Are you choosing the right entries from the database?

You don't have to eat a certain amount of meals, just eat within your calorie goal and you'll lose weight.