Would skipping the gym today be ok?

Options
I have a shoulder workout today, I was thinking of skipping and do some revision and rest up. I have a chest workout tomorrow and a Back workout on Saturday. I was thinking of doing chest and side deltoids tomorrow and Back and traps on Saturday.

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    If you need the rest, or are injured, of course it's OK to skip the gym for a day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You really don't need our permission to skip the gym. If your body needs a rest then listen to your body - not random internet strangers.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You really don't need our permission to skip the gym. If your body needs a rest then listen to your body - not random internet strangers.
    This!
  • CFPeterson
    CFPeterson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Missing one here or there won't matter. Missing a few weeks or a month is a problem.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options

I like to get a second opinion lol, I am a weirdo lol.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    CFPeterson wrote: »
    Missing one here or there won't matter. Missing a few weeks or a month is a problem.

I had a assesment in college, I have more exams coming up, I need to do more revision. I would go otherwjse but my body is tired from all the revision.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Well you could skip the gym today but...then you won't be there to spot Bob while he benches. Without you to spot him, Bob will drop all 315 pounds on his neck and die. This is really unfortunate because Bob's been working on an antivirus for a superbug which the government has been working tirelessly to conceal from public knowledge. Bob was just this close to a breakthrough but he's terrible at keeping notes so with him dead, there'll be no hope. The superbug will spread out of control and the zombie apocalypse will begin.
    All because you felt like staying home instead of working out.

In all seriousness though, I'd be less concerned about missing a workout here and there (as long as it's not the norm) and more worried about the fact that you've got shoulder day scheduled the day before chest day. Give your triceps a break and either split those up or do both the same day.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Like others have said - listen to your body and if you truly need the rest then rest. However if you're just thinking of skipping because you want to go home and watch tv, then NO, Get up and GO, you will not regret it!!! :wink:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    who ties your shoelaces for you?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    who ties your shoelaces for you?

tumblr_nk6lp22lJU1re3x32o1_500.gif