I need support !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I am a mother of three great kids and a caring fiancee that i have been with for fourteen years. The past two years i have been in a medication induced depression and now that i am "back to myself" according to my family its time to get my body and health back. I have gained 155 lbs in the past two years and have developed diabetes high blood preassure and high cholesterol a big issue so im ready to take on this challange and change my life ive been to a dietian and she suggested i try this site to help with counting and make friends or just get advice and help as i need it So if anyone needs to loose over 100lbs and we can motivate each other please friend request me :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    You have come to the right place! I'm sending a friend request now!
  • maghedo
    maghedo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can do it. It is very hard but worth the entire time you spend working on it. I lost 138lbs in the last 14 months and it has been worth all of it. I will friend you as well!!!!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi there and welcome, :smile:
    yes I am right with you, I need to lose about a 100 lbs
    I started this journey after being tols that i was headed straight for diabetes that I was pre diabetic
    so i decided to make a change. My daughter has type 2 diabetes and we are doing this together.

I started june 6th healthy eating and have lost 19 lbs total, I started MFP after that.
    So yes, we can support and motivate each other, I am more determined than ever.

Add me if you'd like, we'll be losers together!! :tongue:
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! A Support team is a must :wink: Just remember that oyu have to take it one day at a time and not look at the larger picture. Set small goals for yourself. Send a friend request.
  • krisrider26
    krisrider26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you...In fact, our stories sound very similar. I have been on and off a horrible steroid medication that has caused me to gain well over 70 lbs in the last few years. I am hoping I found something that will help me. I can tell you honestly that I have been using this website and working out for a little over a month now and it has made a huge difference. I haven't seen much movement in numbers, but overall I feel better about myself and am motivated to continue working out every day. I will not lie to you. IT IS HARD WORK!! But you will find the inner strength you need to do this work, and you will feel amazing. The best advice I can give you is what worked for me. I work out at least 5 days a week and track my food. Whether its something I should eat, or something I shouldn't, I put it in my food log. Then I see where my calories are being consumed and work forward from there. I am at the point now where I am actually evaluating my nutrition and seeing where I need to increase and decrease. I hope I'm making this change for a lifetime (this time lol) but either way, I'm learning a lot about myself. I'm here for you any time. I will look for you and we can add each other. You can do this just like I can do this. Shoot, I'll even tell you my weight. I weigh 271. I need to loose well over 100lbs.... and its coming off one pound at a time.
  • Mkin
    Mkin Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey there!!! Props for starting this journey and there is many people who will support you!! I am looking at losing around 110lbs, so I will add you and we can do this together =)
  • krystlenicole
    krystlenicole Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Adding you now! Lots of luck to you on your journey!