Help please!

I started dieting a few months ago my initial thought was to just barely eat (stupid I know) an I lost loads of weight but eventually starvation an Christmas took over an I put half the weight back on but over the past month I've been eating right keeping my calories to about 1500-1800 an exercising vigorously daily and I still can't seem to lose anything what am I doing wrong?

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Are you weighing and logging all of your food? If you unlock your diary we can see if you are logging correctly.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    "About 1500-1800" is a wide variation. Over the past four weeks, what has been your average daily intake for each week?
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Where did MFP tell you to be for a calorie target?
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    What is your current height and weight?
  • patslitzker
    patslitzker Posts: 127 Member
    A lot of the regained weight is probably water weight and not fat. I'm not sure what kind of exercise you're doing but if you aren't incorporating resistance training you definitely should. Cardio is great for burning calories but the combination of diet and cardio with no resistance training will cause you to lose almost as much muscle as fat and that will cause problems later on for your weightloss