Zumba Help

Options
judith3
judith3 Posts: 296 Member
Hey guys i started taking a 1 Hour long Zumba class but im not sure how many calories im burning and Zumba isnt in the exercise database ( I also do not own a heart rate monitor) Can someone help me out please?:)

Replies

• maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Go to www.zumbacalories.com
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I always used the general dancing option lol. I feel like I burn a lot of calories, but not as much as doing other activities (jogging, elliptical, etc), so I think it's about right (although not as accurate as having a heart rate monitor of course)
  • gmrgirl
    gmrgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Zumba calories is a pretty awesome, very simple tool that will help you figure out what you burn based on your intensity level and your weight. Mary posted the link. I highly recommend them. a moderate Zumba workout for me will burn 504, comparable to swimming leisurely for an hour. not as much as Turbo Kick, but I bet if I cranked the intensity up on my zumba I'd burn more.

Try www.zumbacalories.com !
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I tracked my calories using a HRM when i first started... and i compared them with a few exercises... Aerobics - High intensity was a match to within 1 Calorie! :love:
  • tljacob
    tljacob Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I use my Heart rate monitor during zumba and the website is very close!
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just tried that calorie website that they are telling you to try and its very accurate. I do an hour long Zumba class 2 times a week and my instructor has an HRM and she burns around 1,000 calories per class!! One day, she let me use it and it turns out I'm only burning around 450 calories even though I give it my all because I work out a lot and I'm in good physical shape so i burn less than other people. I should be proud of that but i was hoping to burn more! It really depends on age and body type. If you're very active and at a healthy weight, you probably burn what i do..
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just tried that calorie website that they are telling you to try and its very accurate. I do an hour long Zumba class 2 times a week and my instructor has an HRM and she burns around 1,000 calories per class!! One day, she let me use it and it turns out I'm only burning around 450 calories even though I give it my all because I work out a lot and I'm in good physical shape so i burn less than other people. I should be proud of that but i was hoping to burn more! It really depends on age and body type. If you're very active and at a healthy weight, you probably burn what i do..
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys you were all very helpfull i realized im burning over 700 calories a class!! :happy:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I use zumbacalories.com.