protein + fat dinner idea?

jvs125
jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
OOps! Dinner is coming and I've already eaten all my carbs for the day. Now I'm left with 34g of protein and 25g of fat.

I was planning on having white fish for dinner... what are your favorite white fish recipes that have lots of fat and no carbs? :)

Replies

• jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    I want to be sure I eat the amount of protein I set out to eat. I could swap fat for carbs - I want to still be on target with calories and protein in the end.
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Eat whatever...being bang on with your macros isn't necessary in the least. Beyond that, macro ratios can and should be customized to individual preference which generally takes into account one's performance from a fitness standpoint. For weight management, it's all pretty irrelevant and I certainly wouldn't change meal plans because a computer told me I was "out of carbs"

For a white fish recipe with lots of fat, I'd fry it up...but like I said, I wouldn't change any of my meal plans based on macros.

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    You can make a butter/cream sauce for your fish...maybe something like a homemade Alfredo sauce? You can use heavy cream, butter, and parmesan cheese to top it.
  • ameliabee6
    ameliabee6 Posts: 20 Member
    I recently made this DietDoctor.com recipe for chicken with herbed butter that was CRAZY good and left me totally sated. I think it would be great on fish too. Here's the recipe: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/chicken-breast-with-herb-butter
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    fish pan seared in butter and olive oil with kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, artichokes and capers. that may have some carbs but it's so good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Peanut butter
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Or swap the white fish for steak and/or salmon.
  • kaye300
    kaye300 Posts: 29 Member
    Place in baking dish, add pats of butter, salt and pepper to taste then cover with shredded cheese. Bake covered 350about 15/20 minutes then uncover for a couple to crisp up some of cheese....yummmmm....
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    edited January 2017
    6 oz Swai fillet sautéed in one serving of butter, and some greens in the pan to boot
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    There's lots of protein in whitefish and how you cook it isn't going to change that, so like cwolfman I wouldn't change up my plans based on macros. If you really want to keep carbs low and fat higher, make the sides some non starchy veg and avocado in place of any starchier food you might normally have.

Good way to cook whitefish is the packet method where you bake it in a tinfoil (or parchment paper, if you have it) packet with some veg and lemon slices to keep it moist and cook the veg too). I also like browning some butter, doing a quick pan fry, and adding a little vinegar.

I don't have any way I normally cook whitefish that adds carbs and it has none on its own.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Steak and egg whites :)
  • nickhinds88
    nickhinds88 Posts: 44 Member
    Pork back ribs