Anyone else feel guily eating something fried?

Even when you're still under goal? I had 800 cals left and i was tired. So i went to Chick-fil-A and got the fried chicken
Sandwich which was 440 cals. Idk why i feel guilty but i do. Anyone else?

Replies

• jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Nope. I went to chik fil a today also...opted for the 8 count nugget though. If it fits in your goal and you don't overdo it and eat it every meal every day, don't feel bad about it!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Nope. I had chicken karaage (Japanese fried chicken) for lunch today and I loved every second of it.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    I can't each much in the way of fried food because I don't digest it very well, but I love a good fried chicken sandwich once in a while! Never even occurred to me to feel guilty about it, and you shouldn't either. In fact, as long as you had the calories, you should have had fries, too. :)
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Nope. My breakfast on the weekend was a chive pancake with fried chicken, fried egg and chilli sauce. I enjoyed every bit of it, but that is not my everyday breakfast.

Fried stuff is going to be higher in cals that roast or grilled but if you have the calories left in your daily goal AND you have eaten a variety of other foods that give you good nutrition, then you are good to go.
    If all you'd had for breakfast was a donut and then you filled the rest of your calories with fried chicken then you would not be getting much nutrition for the day. Which wouldn't be the end of the world if it was one day, but if this happened every day it wouldn't be great.

As to why you feel guilty... no doubt it's because many of us grew up hearing "fat is bad", "fat makes you fat" whereas in reality, fat is just one component of what we eat and as long as you have a good balance across different macros (which will be different for different people) and are getting enough nutrition to keep you healthy then there is no problem with one meal being higher in fat.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Nope, though if I eat too much of it, it kinda makes me feel like crap. I don't eat a lot of fried foods to begin with (except for the past few days), and they settle very heavily in my stomach.
    If something fits in my calorie goal and I want it, though, guilt doesn't even enter my mind. I save the guilt for things that really matter, like forgetting someone's birthday.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Food never makes me feel guilty. It's just food. Log it and move on.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Under goal? No. I don't feel guilty. I feel a little upset mostly that it's not very much food for high calories and that I probably can't have dessert anymore.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited January 2017
    Does stir-fried count? Every dinner I had for most of a year was stir-fried. I lost a lot of weight doing that. This morning I had a slice of fried bacon on an egg sandwich. Protein is good. I poured the fat into a jar for my daughter to make soap.
  • CafeRacer808
    Does stir-fried count? Every dinner I had for most of a year was stir-fried. I lost a lot of weight doing that. This morning I had a slice of fried bacon on an egg sandwich. Protein is good. I poured the fat into a jar for my daughter to make soap.

I make soap from time to time, but I never thought to use bacon fat. I usually save it for cooking, but saponifying it is a great idea!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,097 Member
    Even when you're still under goal? I had 800 cals left and i was tired. So i went to Chick-fil-A and got the fried chicken
    Sandwich which was 440 cals. Idk why i feel guilty but i do. Anyone else?

Nope.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    edited January 2017

I make soap from time to time, but I never thought to use bacon fat. I usually save it for cooking, but saponifying it is a great idea!

Only if I can eat the soap. :laugh:

ETA- Does that make it part of a clean diet?
  • CafeRacer808

Only if I can eat the soap. :laugh:

ETA- Does that make it part of a clean diet?

I don't know if it's part of a clean diet, but eating soap will certainly clean you out! :#
  • caitlinhicken
    caitlinhicken Posts: 16 Member
    I know how you feel, and it sucks. It took me while to feel "ok" with eating something "bad" just because I felt like it, or because I was tired or not in the mood to cook. You should never feel guilt when it comes to food, it makes it more and more difficult to have a healthy relationship with your diet and way of living.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    No, I don't feelt guilty after eating any foods. Well, some guilt when I eat meat from animals that were factory farmed. I'm a broke grad student now, so have started buying that kind more. :(

I think it's helpful to introspect on why you feel guilty. Getting to the root can heal it or help you learn from it.
  • NoNameJustMe
    NoNameJustMe Posts: 86 Member
    When it comes to food I no longer feel guilty about anything.

Same here.
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    No, I don't feelt guilty after eating any foods. Well, some guilt when I eat meat from animals that were factory farmed. I'm a broke grad student now, so have started buying that kind more. :(

I think it's helpful to introspect on why you feel guilty. Getting to the root can heal it or help you learn from it.

Because ive worked so hard and my weight loss. Just scared of falling back onto my old ways.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited January 2017
    No guilt because I have sworn off any fried foods whether over/under cals or not. If it's fried, I just won't touch it.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Guilty
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    The only way I would feel guilty over eating a food is if I stole it or it was an endangered species.
    I eat fried foods less often because of the added calories but I still eat them sometimes.