36 pounds challenge

Options
Hi, I've been doing MFP for a few weeks, but never posted anything.
But now I would like to propose a challenge to keep myself and hopefully everyone participating motivated. Here is the deal:

1. The challenge starts August 1st, 2011 and ends April 1st, 2012 = 8 month challenge.

2. The challenge is to lose weight, but slowly and healthy = 4.5 pounds/month
Over the course of 8 month this means 36 pounds.

3. On the first of each month, we report the pounds lost since last weigh in.
If you lost 4.5 pounds or more you are good to continue.
If you lost less than 4.5 pounds or gained weight, you are doomed to do 3 extra exercise routines every week till the next weigh in (in addition to whatever you are doing already). What kind of exercise? Read on.

4. On the 2nd of each month, I will communicate the three biggest losers (=people who lost the most weight in the last month). Each of them will name one of the extra exercise routines that people need to complete.
The exercise routine should be communicated on the 3rd day of the month.
Each exercise routine needs to be doable without any equipment (e.g. walk extra 30 minutes, 30 extra crunches, etc.) and should not take more than 30 min per exercise. Keep in mind these exercises will be in addition to whatever people have set as their individual exercise routine.

5. Max. 15 participants to make this easier to manage. First come first serve. Add me as a friend with message if you want to join. Communication via MFP email to keep closed group. Will send out the first message so everyone knows who are the participants by August 1st.

6. Have less than 36 pounds to lose? Participate until you reach your target weight and then maintain to avoid extra exercises.

Looking forward to it!

Replies

• amomii
    amomii Posts: 5
    Options
    Count me in if there are still openings
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in. I will finish a biggest loser competition at work at the beginning of August and I want to stay motivated to lose the rest of the weight. Thanks for the challenge!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    This is gonna be fun! I cannot believe I now think of these things as fun...what a difference from 5 months ago!

Thanks for suggesting :)
  • DebGaDavey
    DebGaDavey Posts: 20
    Options
    Would love to join, but am away on vacation until August 8, would that be okay
  • MissKahli
    MissKahli Posts: 11
    Options
    I AM SO IN!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fat351
    fat351 Posts: 2
    Options
    count me in!
  • elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    Options
    count me in!!! please!! i've been trying to find a challenge for myself to be apart of and i like this one.
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    11 people confirmed! This site is great, I did not expect so many people joining in so quickly! 4 more open spots for anyone who wants to join :)
  • weightlosssw
    Options
    5 days to go before the challenge begins ... 3 open spots if you want to join - add me as a friend with a note.