No weight lose with Calorie counting

Options
Hi I'm living in Ghana West Africa, I weigh 150kg (330lb). I'm on a diet where I consume 1000 to 1200 calories per day for the passed 3 week now but I only lost 1kg (2.2lb). What can be wrong that I don't lose any weight?

Replies

• sam_ibrahim13
    sam_ibrahim13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, I would say that seems quite a low amount of calories to be eating. Are you exercising?
  • andrewstrydom
    andrewstrydom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I working on construction I'm walking +- 15 000 steps a day and 20 min cycling at night.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake? (i.e. how do you know you're eating only 1000-1200 calories a day. Which is horribly low for someone as active as you!)
  • Shawn_in_OKC
    Shawn_in_OKC Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough per day at 1200. Input your stats into myfitnesspal and eat what it tells you.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough per day at 1200. Input your stats into myfitnesspal and eat what it tells you.

THIS!!!

AND, get a food scale and weigh everything.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    A) you lost weight
    B) If you are as active as you say then you are eating far too little.
  • andrewstrydom
    Options
    I use myfitnesspal to count my calories I have set it to 1500 calorie day max as I want to lose weight, I drink +- 5L of water per day as we are on the equator and it is very hot, I walk a lot and exercise at night, and don't know what to do more to lose weight. Is there someone that can help me please.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I use myfitnesspal to count my calories I have set it to 1500 calorie day max as I want to lose weight, I drink +- 5L of water per day as we are on the equator and it is very hot, I walk a lot and exercise at night, and don't know what to do more to lose weight. Is there someone that can help me please.

Are you using a food scale to measure out accurate portion sizes? Are you tracking all food and drinks that have calories (including juice, coffee and tea add-ins etc).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm living in Ghana West Africa, I weigh 150kg (330lb). I'm on a diet where I consume 1000 to 1200 calories per day for the passed 3 week now but I only lost 1kg (2.2lb). What can be wrong that I don't lose any weight?

2.2lbs in 3 weeks isn't no weight loss...

Do you weigh everything with scales?
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You ARE losing weight.

Weight loss takes time and often is not steady - like 5 pounds one week, 1 pound another week, sometimes nothing or gain a pound... that's just how it goes. Be patient. Give it time.

How much weight were you expecting to lose in only 3 weeks?
  • andrewstrydom
    Options
    I'm using a food scale to way out portions. I would like to lose +-5 to 10 pounds per week, but I only lost 2.2 pounds for 3 weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm using a food scale to way out portions. I would like to lose +-5 to 10 pounds per week, but I only lost 2.2 pounds for 3 weeks.

You're being unrealistic, this isn't the biggest loser.

Just keep going...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

5 to 10 lbs in a week is an insane goal and not at all realistic unless you have hundreds of pounds to lose.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

5 to 10 lbs in a week is an insane goal and not at all realistic unless you have hundreds of pounds to lose.

OP is 330lbs
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    5-10 pounds a week is next to impossible. 2 pounds a week is the maximum deficit MFP will give, and it won't drop you below 1500 calories (and at your size, you can probably eat even more than that).

Can you open up your diary? If you're weighing everything you eat and still not losing to what you should, there is probably a discrepancy in the entries you're choosing.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

OP is 330lbs

Ah yes, but I doubt he wants to lose all 300 of those lbs... I still think 5-10 lbs a week isn't realistic.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Op your goal per week is unrealistic. You should be aiming for around 2lbs per week starting out and then adjust this down to 1lb per week after you lose 30 or 40lbs.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options

OP is 330lbs

Ah yes, but I doubt he wants to lose all 300 of those lbs... I still think 5-10 lbs a week isn't realistic.

OP is a 34 year old male who weighs 150kg. I do not know his height but at average male height I would say he has about 70kg or 150lb to lose to get into a healthy weight range for young men.

Quite a lot, I agree, and so 2lb/week is a realistic goal.

But 5 - 10lb is not.