can someone help me with fitbit ???

Options
so its 11:52 and my fitbit says 1346 calories burn.

Replies

• hlektra28
    hlektra28 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    for some reason I can attach an image ... anyway

MFP SHOWS : 1750 GOAL 2022 FOOD - 292 EXERCISE = 1730 NET

20 CALORIES remaining
  • hlektra28
    Options
    do you find that right ???? I mean its not even evening how do I get so many calories to eat ?
  • PryorInc
    PryorInc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MFP added the calories you burned in Fitbit back into your allowable amount. There are several post in several groups discussing this matter, which will explain it a lot better than I can or will. Do a search on "eating back calories."
  • susannekb
    susannekb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Your MFP number is a static number which indicates how many calories you can eat over the day, you then add in your exercise calories to give you your net calories for the day.

Your fitbit is actively tracking your movement and calorie burn throughout the day so it keeps on counting even while you sleep. You don't have 1346 calories left to eat, you have burned 1346 calories by 11.52 on that day. Some people find that their fitbit burns are inaccurate (I don't have this issue) and that is why it is recommended to track your food through MFP.
  • hlektra28
    Options
    so can I trust the MFP adjustment for 2020 calories to eat ? which mean that I can eat a lot more until the evening ?
    as steps will be increase more ?
  • susannekb
    susannekb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can trust the MFP adjustment you just have to be careful with the number of calories that MFP give you for exercise. For some activities the exercise calories are overestimated, this is why you are recommended to eat 50-75% of your exercise calories back instead of 100%. However I find that the FitBit adjustment from my steps is very low compared to logging that same exercise directly into MFP. You may just need to monitor your weight loss over the next few weeks and if you aren't loosing at your expected rate or not at all reduce the number of exercise calories you eat back.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I made a thread about this a couple days ago.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10505853/confused-about-adjustment/p1

Don't trust the adjustment, you will 'lose' some calories overnight. I'd watch the trend to see how many exactly (for me it's around 100) and give yourself a buffer.