Tips to build muscle in arms. Bingo wings

Options
I do weights but need help on old bingo wings any tips ???

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    To build muscle, you need a calorie surplus combined with heavy lifting. What I'm assuming you want to do is "tone" them, which means you want to cut the fat down. Continue losing weight and lifting and you'll see the fat come off from all over, as you can't target one specific spot.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I do workouts on YouTube that focus on certain parts of the body, including the bingo wings.
    Why are they called "bingo wings" btw!?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    To build muscle, you need a calorie surplus combined with heavy lifting. What I'm assuming you want to do is "tone" them, which means you want to cut the fat down. Continue losing weight and lifting and you'll see the fat come off from all over, as you can't target one specific spot.

This.
    You cannot spot reduce. A calorie deficit will help along with exercises that target the triceps and biceps.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    What weights can do is bulk up enough to fill up loose skin.

My arms are more muscular simply through increased activity than they were last time was this weight and my arms definitely don't flap as badly as they used to.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    I do workouts on YouTube that focus on certain parts of the body, including the bingo wings.
    Why are they called "bingo wings" btw!?

Because they flap in the wind when you raise you arm to shout "bingo"!

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    tricep exercises, i think this is what you want.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    You can do recomp (slow) or you can do bulk and cut cycles. Combined with lifting, of course. Personally I favor recomp. As a person with prediabetes and hypothyroidism I feel that the bulk cycles would spike my blood sugar. If yours is okay, it's an option for you. I also have loose arm skin in the tricep region that I eventually hope to at least partially take up with more muscle. As a female who's pushing 50 though I know there is a limit to which I can accomplish this. Any improvement is good.
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi there, gothchiq - I am pushing 60 in age but nothing else!

What does recomp mean?
    My friend and I are tentatively stepping out of our gym classes and into the weights area, taking some youtube videos in there to guide our arm/shoulder/chest work. We are absolute beginners but would love to get more tone in our arms!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    i had issues with flabby looking tops of arms too, i found all exercises that filled out the muscles in my arms helped, now they are filled with muscle they don't look at flabby!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If you have fat on your arms then losing fat (weight) will reduce this and show more definition. If it's loose skin, there isn't much you can do unfortunately.

Whatever it is, lifting weights will be a benefit.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    don't just work your arms to fix saggy skin work your shoulders, abs, traps, tri's, bi's forearms chest, back, legs, calves all tighten skin with increased muscle- don't believe me pull the center of sheet and watch it all move.. Total body exercise will get you results not spot training..