I'm so sore

Options
We all know that starting back working out and lifting weight that your body is going to be sore. I am extremely sore and I did not over do it in the gym. I sore to the point that I don't think I can workout properly today and I had a day off yesterday. Any suggestions on getting the soreness out instead of epsom salt I've been doing that

Replies

• joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    We all know that starting back working out and lifting weight that your body is going to be sore. I am extremely sore and I did not over do it in the gym. I sore to the point that I don't think I can workout properly today and I had a day off yesterday. Any suggestions on getting the soreness out instead of epsom salt I've been doing that

Get a massage. Works wonders. Also, supplement with magnesium.
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Add BCAA to your daily water to help with soreness, muscle maintaining etc.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Use a foam roller as much as you can. Before and after workouts.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    foal rollers and extended stretching can work wonders. I had a rest day yesterday and am still so sore, i'm planning an extended stretch session before and after my workout today.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ice bath! But only if you're desperate. Light stretching, walking, and time
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Go work out again. Not to the intensity you did before, but by using the muscles - you will get the blood flowing and the soreness will start to go away.
  • rt1968
    rt1968 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Magnesium, Glutamine and stretch. If you have a roller and can stand the myofascial release you will feel much better.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Glutamine 2-4 g a day, and may be iboprophen for very big pain