59.5 Pounds lost - Feel Great - Started July 2016

Options
bk829
bk829 Posts: 1 Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 56 year old male and I've been fat for 30 years! I really gave up because everyone including myself told me to accept that being fat was in the cards for my life. It's in your genetics they would say. They would remind me that my mother was obese, my sister is obese and I should just accept my fate. I can tell all of you if your hearing the same thing, don't believe it! You can lose the weight, I've done it.

Here's what i did:

1) I log all calories into Myfitnesspal - everything.
2) I purchased Under Armour scale-band and heart rate monitor. So I can calculate my calorie burn from exercise.
3) Losing weigh is math. For me I was able to determine the my calorie burn per day at rest was 1600. I then calculated that i needed to create a deficit of 7000 calories per week to lose 2 pounds.

Here's my calculation:

Calories from nutrition per day 1200
Calories burn at rest 1600
Deficit 400 calories per day or 2800 calories per week.

Next I would workout 6 times per week, with my Under Amour Record app on my phone & heart rate monitor, I would burn 700 calories per workout = 4200 - The workouts were not always killers, sometimes running, walking and light weights. I did use a personal trainer for 3 sessions per week.

Therefore I created a my deficit of 7000 calories.

I have done this for 7 months and lost 59.5 pounds. I feel fantastic.

4) I fast for 16 hours per day. I have my first meal @ 11:30 am each morning (protein shake) and my last meal at 7:30 PM each evening.

5) I reduced the number of meals at restaurants and ate at home to be able to carefully calculate my nutrition. Restaurants are tricky! Purchase a scale for your kitchen and weigh everything.

6) I drank lots , and lots of water. I would drink a 16 oz bottle of water before eat meal to help fill me.

7) I reduced my alcohol (this was the hard part) to 2 glasses of wine each week. I would always log the calories in myfitnesspal.

For all the people who have lost weight , congratulations, for those starting a journey, you can do this. Put yourself first!

For me my wife & family are very happy. My blood pressure is completely normal (it was getting high) and my doctor is very happy.

Good luck to all.

Food is not your pleasure, food is not your reward, food is fuel for your body.

8p5qavmwydll.jpg

Replies

• lostsouls65
    lostsouls65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done you have done well , keep up the good work
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What an awesome way to lay out how you accomplished so much! Amazing job
  • danbrinkley
    danbrinkley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job. I started about the same time. Workout 5 times a week for 20-45 minutes. Eat about 2000 calories. Lost 40 lbs so far. Hope to get to where you are!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    awesome work dude! Although, I do think food is more than just fuel. I still enjoy food and lost 100 pounds 3 years ago, savoring and celebrating every bite.
  • DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This > "food is not your reward, food is fuel for your body"

Nice work, BK!
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Very very cool, congratulations on your success, and thanks for sharing!
  • CrepedCrusader
    CrepedCrusader Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great success story!
  • maccas55
    maccas55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Inspirational. I'm 61 and at the start of my journey. Thanks for sharing your success.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,303 Member
    Options
    You look great and so glad you lost weight you thought was just your fate. and thanks for sharing your formula for success.. it helps us all. Best wishes as you move forward in your fitness pursuits.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!