Shoes made for walking.

I try to walk every day about 30 minutes at a brisk pace - my goals are to increase slowly to an hour a day, at least 5 days a week. My right foot tends to ache and the ankle starts hurting. Does anyone else have this problem? What is the best shoe for support.
Debbie

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    You should probably bring your old shoes into a running store (running room for example) and they can fit you properly. They would know best what's good for you but you have to bring in your old shoes so they can see how they wear (ie where the pressure is).
  • Ginger1384
    Ginger1384 Posts: 42
    I also have this problem, but it is my left foot. Right now I'm wearing the Sketcher's Tone Up shoes.
  • vicki915
    vicki915 Posts: 38 Member
    When I started walking (not that long ago), my sister suggested Asics Gel. I have to agree my feet feel better.
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Go to a running store and have some shoes fitted for your stride. It was the best investment I ever made for exercising. My knee's and calves where hurting after going for a run then it really started effecting my hips. After I got fitted for shoes the pain went away, I couldn't believe I was going through all that over a pair of shoes. Good luck to you and I hope this helps
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    My problem was my heels were hitting the pavement too hard when i walked and made my heels hurt, but now im also nursing a previously broken ankle. So I bought "Danceskin" shoes.. (spelling).. they look like the ones that are supposed to lift and tighten your other areas.. butt, calves, hamstrings. Rounded in the back and shorter on the heel.. anyways they work for me! :happy:
    Hope it helps.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions.:smile: