Not eating enough...bad??

Options
I am really struggling to eat 1200 calories a day. I know this may not be an issue for some but I am affraid my body is going in "starvation mode" so it is holding on to my weight.

I do try just not hungry. Is this bad?

Replies

• Shel4556
    Shel4556 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling to eat 1200 calories a day. I know this may not be an issue for some but I am affraid my body is going in "starvation mode" so it is holding on to my weight.

I do try just not hungry. Is this bad?
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    you need to eat. 1200 cals is too little. You need to be eating every 3 hours and keeping it healthy items. Try changing to different foods and see if that works.
  • Shel4556
    Options
    I am eating healthy. I try to breakfest...snack...lunch...snack and then dinner.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    dont stress about eating every 3 hours, that's not true... I usually eat every two but that's because that fits perfectly into my schedule, but it's not written in stone. I know many people losing weight who only eat two - three times a day. It is important to eat all of your cals perticularly because you're eating so few. I had someone tell me that natural peanut butter is really good (it is too!!) make sure it's unsalted though. 1 tablespoon will give you approx 100 cals. Try that out, and it's not too filling so it wont kill you if you just dont feel hungry.
  • Shel4556
    Options
    thanks
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I eat 6-7 times a day, and am having a problem hitting 1200...but I hear you need to eat that much..I force myself to eat more...try adding another snack, or a little more to your snack....that will help
  • nursemeg21
    Options
    I wish I had that problem. I find I am usually over my calorie allowance of 1200.
    What is a typical day like for everyone with their meals. I would like to know because I am always over my calories by about 80-100. I would really appreciate anyone willing to tell me what they eat in a day who is allowed 1200 calories. Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • dewassel
    Options
    I thought I was eating about 1200 calories a day and the school nurse told me if I am not losing weight I must be eating less. I logged everything and found out that at the end of the day I am usually about 200 calories below and force myself to eat them. I do eat a lot but I eat healthy food (lots of veggies and fat free dressings). my trainer also said that I need those calories and said adding regular salad dressing (much tastier) is a good way to get them plus you need some fat in your diet. The bonus is I did finally lose a pound! Good luck!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Remember that (most) of us became overweight by eating too much, way over 1200 calories. So you don't have to change what you're eating so much as eat more of it, or eat more often. If higher calorie foods help, then by all means do it. Eating 1200 calories should not be an enormous feat. :flowerforyou:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    it might sound nuts but if your a round peg you won't fit into that square hole,
    what are you eatting? to get to your 1200, there are lots of things to try some protien shakes
  • Shel4556
    Options
    Reg Day. (2) coffees
    (1) Planters Daybreak Blend
    (1) Progresso Light Soup with
    (8) PepperidgeFarm Wheat Crisps- Zesty Tom Herb
    (8) PepperidgeFarm(above) for snack 3:00ish
    Dinner: Chicken breast with steamed vegs
    (or) The Mix...as my daughter named it.
    -ground lean turkey, pan roasted corn, kidney beans, can chopped tomatoes
    with green chilis, spices-cumin, peper and garlic powder
    over 1/2 cup of rice.
    Water as much as possible
    (2) Diet Pepsis

I do not alway have that but that is general.

I also take Solaray - Very Berry Antioxidant Blend daily. Kind of like Acai.

It is not for everyone.

I have been ill for seveal days thought and have not taken it and still was not supper hungry.