Treadmill VS Elliptical ?

Options
I'm down to my goal weight- but I'm trying to maintain my current weight and tone up my legs, so should I do the elliptical or keep running on the treadmill ?

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    The elliptical on high resistance BURNS my thighs.

I have only just started using the treadmill for running... but am interested in what everyone else has to say!!
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ever try the stair climber? that is brutal on the legs when it comes to a burn! i love it and it will tone you up for sure
  • change_happens
    Options
    Elliptial on a 10 or higher, backward and forward. Also, treadmill on an incline that you can handle for about an hour. You will tone your legs and your butt. Focus on the glutes.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the elliptical as it makes my feet go numb - no matter which machine or what settings I put it on. Plus, I find that I burn far more calories on the treadmill.

So. I'm a treadmill kind of girl! :)
  • DanaM810
    DanaM810 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think you should do both... I've had trainers tell me it's great to walk on a treadmill at an incline of 7 at about 3.0 speed.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I love walking on the treadmill doing intervals. I do like 3.8 and 9 incline for like 4 minutes then a short 1 minute jog at like 5.2 at 2 incline. My butt sure has changed from that.

Also if you really want to tone your legs add some squats and lunges. Those work a ton of muscles.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ever try the stair climber? that is brutal on the legs when it comes to a burn! i love it and it will tone you up for sure
    did this one for he very first time tonight....I only lasted 7 mins...lol....works the legs awesome!!!....after that I went to the elliptical..Im totally in love with the elliptical ;0)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Squats!
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    why not do both. treadmill to help maintain and eliptical tone legs. i also recommend squats and lunges they kill me every time.