I've Plateaued-Help!

Options
I am at a 2 pound per week calorie deficit. I lost 60 pounds between August and December. I do 20 minutes of Tae Bo or bike, but other than that, I am fairly inactive, as I work a desk job. I have not lost anything for the past four weeks. My diary is open and I would welcome any suggestions, as this is way too much work for no results.

Replies

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am still very far from a healthy weight. I need to lose another 60 pounds.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your diary is open? I can't access it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    your diary isnt open
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Same here. First scale loss today since Christmas Eve after regular loss before. All I can say is water and a little (maybe a lb) of Christmas weight, hormones, cold weather and keep the faith if you are sure you are still logging as previously.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    With your diary closed, need more info.

What is your calorie goal per day? Do you eat extra for the 20 minute workouts? If so, how much? Do you use a food scale? How often? Has anything in your routine changed in the past 4-8 weeks?

What was your weight a month ago? What is it now? I know you said you have not lost, I'm just wondering if you've lost something but not as much as you'd hoped?
  • denato1
    denato1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. Right before Christmas I have plateaued for 4 weeks, it really depressed me but I stuck with it soon started losing again. Since then I have lost an additional 20 pound, my recommendation is to stick it out. Count everything, and check the mfp calories adjustment.
    You can do this and you will be happy you toughed it out. You are welcome to friend me, I am always looking to have more people on here to help keep me accountable, and will gladly do same for them.

Good luck and persevere.
  • boothekm1
    boothekm1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    HIIT Training gave me the extra boost!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Have you recalculated your calorie goal lately?
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey, my doctor told me at the end of September, when I had lost 30lbs: "You are doing great, you've lost almost 15% of your body weight, that's amazing. With the holidays coming up, I want you to not worry about losing, just focus on not gaining- and you'll be golden if you just do that."

Now I've lost 41.5 lbs, and not lost any in a month- I also still have a lot to lose (100lb goal) and also work a desk job, but I just want to say you have rocked it, just keep doing what you're doing, results are never immediate and one day you will wake up and see that scale start to little again, and again, and again.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank everyone. I thought my diary was public, but I guess it was to friends. It is now public, so feel free to look and suggest!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your logging and I think you will be fine. I didn't do an in-depth study of your diary, but I looked at a few days recently and I looked at a few days last September and you can tell the difference in the detail of the logging. I think if you refocus on your logging you will begin to lose weight again.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I looked back thru a couple of weeks. While there is nothing wrong with alcohol, it can lead to bloating/water weight gain. Temporary, but drinking 2-3 times a week can mean it sticks around. Also looks like you are not logging everything, every day. Several days with very low #s logged, meals missing, etc.

Improve your accuracy. And either accept you're carrying water weight, or go without the drinks for a couple of weeks and see if that makes the scale shift pounds.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Impressive weight loss! I would just tighten up the logging, making sure to weigh all solids, and give it a couple of weeks.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I looked back thru a couple of weeks. While there is nothing wrong with alcohol, it can lead to bloating/water weight gain. Temporary, but drinking 2-3 times a week can mean it sticks around. Also looks like you are not logging everything, every day. Several days with very low #s logged, meals missing, etc.

Improve your accuracy. And either accept you're carrying water weight, or go without the drinks for a couple of weeks and see if that makes the scale shift pounds.

Because alcohol cannot be stored in your system your body will utilize those calories before fats thus slowing your weight loss progress.
    Also, do you weigh your food? It looks like you don't have much wiggle room for error in your logging. I've found that even those protein drinks can have more in the bottle than stated on the label.