For you curvy ladies out there...I have a question!

Options
I just started MFP recently. I figured it would be great to ask all of you what you recommend for a sports bra?
I can't remember the last time I wore just 1 sports bra! I usally where a "clipped" sports bra and then another sports bra over it. I would love to just find ONE sports bra that keeps the gals down when I go jogging!

Recommendations?

Replies

• courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump, I would love to know when you find one that works.
  • PinUpb4Idie
    Options
    Haha....so I'm not alone.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I wear two.. the high support champion ones.. pretty cheap
  • altitudedistract
    Options
    I've found brand doesn't matter so much as price. All the ones I loved were usually $45-60.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using Danskin Adjustable foam sports bra.
    I find it pretty comfy and good support without making my boobs flop around when doing jumping jacks.
    Though I read they run 1 cup too large, but I think it fits fine for my 36C's. I don't think I need a B.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I usually by berliegh sports bras, however I have recently purchased a spin it (three way treversable) and that also works well! I am a 14DD. I am from Aus... not sure where your from or which brands are applicable
  • Gallen88
    Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have a Shock Absorber Bra. Google "Shock Absorber USA" Best 70 bucks i ever spent!
  • magali86
    magali86 Posts: 4
    Options
    One word CHAMPION
  • bethc370
    bethc370 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love the goddess bra. (I'm a 38G)
    Www.herroom.com has a great selection of "curvy" women's bras.

Good luck!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Get yourself an Enell. I LOVE mine (and so does Oprah, it was one of her favorite things). No bounce AT. ALL.

The other one I was looking at, before I found an Enell and was sold, was a Maia.

Neither is particularly pretty or cheap and both are rather large (the Enell is almost the size of a tank top), but if you are going for function the Enell is great and I heard good things about the Maia also!
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    1 regular bra and 1 champion high support bra.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i have an old one that was great....think www.prettysporty.com....it is that, but they now do sports event photog work too!

Wore it for the 2003 or 2004 NYC marathon training, race, didn't need 2!! and after all these years it still hasn't stretched!! unbelievable.

I also double-up on Old Navy, cheap option and the 2nd one on top I can wear again since it doesn't get sweaty, if there's a sale and you get a 10% off, prices can't be beat.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Enell.
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 GOOD sports bra & I really do hope that some of this next bit is helpful. I only have the one GOOD sports bra, because the good ones are expensive in general, but especially when you are larger. My good, expensive sports bra came from Macy's and it was $30-$35. Of course the brand name has worn off now, so I can't tell you the name brand. If you look for this bra in the store make sure that you try the one that says "high intensity/performance" (something along those lines).

Since I invested in that bra my workouts are much better. I have just a little more energy to lengthen and/or intensify my workouts. I am going to have to splurge on another one. It is so worth it! I hope that you find my GOOD bra or something else good that works for you. Best wishes to you as you get healthier. :smile:
  • mbroeckelmanpost
    mbroeckelmanpost Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Go to championusa.com, titlenine.com, or herroom.com-- you'll find lots of great options with really good support.
  • happymom1197
    happymom1197 Posts: 155
    Options
    Movingcomfort's Maia bra. Amazing! Best sports bra ever! I did notice though that some women on amazon didn't like it because it also has hooks in the back and they felt they couldn't put it on and then clasp the hooks. I have no prob doing this. Idk. It is like a regular sports bra, but each breast has it's own cup. It has adjustable straps at the shoulders. It has a traditional sports bra back with the addition of a hook closure, which really settles "the girls" in for a comfy run. Lol I love it!!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber D+ Max Sports Bra - you'll never look back!
  • PinUpb4Idie
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of your input! I'm definately going to check all these out.