Calories left over

Options
Is it okay to eat calories left over from another day? I don't have time to workout today, and I still have like 120 left but that doesn't leave much for options....any ideas?

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Is it okay to eat calories left over from another day? I don't have time to workout today, and I still have like 120 left but that doesn't leave much for options....any ideas?
  • MattySparky
    Options
    I dont think it works like that but if you can work out then do that and eat whatever. If you get in the habit of trying to carry over calories (cheating) then it makes it easier to slip.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    you can have yogurt and blueberries or you can have half a tin (190 calories of Hormel chili and put it on the stove instead of the microwave and go up and down a step with a tin of soup in each arm -up and down (work it!!)--- for SIX minutes to earn a few extra points---about 70 cals)

I wish we COULD borrow from other days but that doesn't work!

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Calories generally work on an average... if you had lots left over yesterday or the day before, I think it'd be just fine for you to eat a few extra today. Look at your weekly overall average, you're body doesn't automatically reset at midnight when it comes to eating. :wink:
  • xtina11179
    Options
    I have a similar question....but mine is the opposite concern.

I am alotted 1220 cals per day. I did a 40-min power walk on my lunch and gained 288. After putting in all of my calories for the day I still have 526 left over. I wanted to do an exercise video, but obviously that will burn more calories. Is it okay for me to have so many left for the day??
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    Having left over calories is also my dilema. On some days I will have 500+ calories leftover . Sometimes I will go ahead and eat them even though I'm not really hungry and then on others days I don't worry about it and end the day with leftover calories. Of course, that isn't true on every day, especially those days that I don't workout and run which then I usually go over. I really have a hard time eating all of my exercise calories especially when I'm not hungry. :ohwell:

118724.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    See that's my problem, I always have extra, I don't have time in the mornings to exercise so I do it in the evening then end up with mucho calories! I don't want to eat them, but today Tom is visiting and I know that I have a lot left from other days, I'm not eating anything bad, just pigging out on veggies and fruit, okay so I had 2 tootsie rolls, couldn't get rid of that darn chocolate craving. Wednesdays I work until 9pm, so they are the worst for me, I usually can stay in my range, but with Tom around it's rough! Thanks!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    for me I don't want to start having days get mixed together so I can adjust my calories...today is for today and tomorrow is not here yet...I think by saving cals for tomorrow or just using some tomorrow that you were supposed to use today sets the stage for excuses and justification...I could have that bigger meal and tell myself, well I will have extra tomorrow...the cycle could get a mind of its own...I think the best thing to do is the way it is designed ...if we screw up today or miss a work out we already counted....suck it up and move on to tomorrow....it works for me