Lemon/ cuecumber water

Options
Just wondering what peoples opinions r on lemon, cuecumber and ginger in water? Ive heard this helps with weight loss. Has anyone ever tried and succeeded or has helped in any way?

Replies

• sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ok thank u, i absolutely love cuecumber but i dont always believe what i read so wanted to know peoples opinions, thanks guys
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    If it encourages you to drink more water...
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i havent tried it. dont think it will help lose weight
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water is always good though. Nothing wrong with infused water. Personally I hate cucumber water -but there's lots of things you can add to water to make it taste yummy. The water itself won't make you lose weight but being properly hydrated is a positive!
  • Zarka_91
    Zarka_91 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    it dont help you lose weight but its good for cleaning toxins out your body. i just have a warm glass of lemon and honey water when i wake up in the morning before breakfast but during the day i drink just normal water. some people dont like the taste of water and tend to infuse fruits so it has some flavour to it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    zarkaahmed wrote: »
    it dont help you lose weight but its good for cleaning toxins out your body. i just have a warm glass of lemon and honey water when i wake up in the morning before breakfast but during the day i drink just normal water. some people dont like the taste of water and tend to infuse fruits so it has some flavour to it.

corrected
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

I'm genuinely interested, as this comes up a lot, which toxins are we specifically talking about and how does drinking fruit and vegetable infused water remove them?

In, to finally learn the answer!
  • NoNameJustMe
    NoNameJustMe Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

1svcj6sbhjt9.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

I'm genuinely interested, as this comes up a lot, which toxins are we specifically talking about and how does drinking fruit and vegetable infused water remove them?

that question is like the holy grail of MFP
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Ugh... too many people have bought into the boogeyman of "toxins" which are this mysterious substance that cause us to gain weight. There are toxins in the body but they body takes care of it naturally. There are other substances that do stay in the body like trace amounts of pesticides but no amount of juice or vinegar or voodoo substances will magically remove that.
  • labblb86
    labblb86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drink it after a high sodium day, helps with bloat but does nothing in regards to weight loss.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Lemon cucumber water tastes really good!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    If lemon and cucumber truly worked for weight loss, wouldn't simply eating these foods work or does water bring out some magical properties?

If these remedies actually worked considering how cheap and easy they are to obtain and make, don't you think there would be no overweight people in the world?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Which toxins, pray tell does one eradicate? No one seems to be able to answer this question. Maybe you can finally shed the light on this once and for all?

Don't you think that if someone truly has toxins within, a better place to go would be a detox clinic (for addicts and alcoholics) or the emergency room?

We have detoxing organs already......