Looking for Advice

Options
I've been doing a good job keeping on track, but I injured myself recently and had to stop excersising for a period of time. It's hard to stay motivated when I feel like I'm not doing anything good for myself. The weight isn't coming off like it was before, even though I'm still eating fairly well. Any advice?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising less because of an injury you're going to have to also eat less to keep the same deficit.
  • kimmers723
    kimmers723 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's all about the food baby! You have to adjust the food. More protein. Can you do any exercise? Walking, yoga, etc.. low impact?
  • NerdyAdventurer
    NerdyAdventurer Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Depending on where the injury is you can still exercise.
    Lower body injury? Work out your upper body and vice versa.

And like others have said it's all about the food.

It sucks when things so down, but don't get discouraged. Progress is still progress :)
  • Canehdn
    Canehdn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was hospitalized for 1 week and E.coli attacked my muscles. My strength went to almost zero. I could barely stand and lost all motivation.
    I realized one morning I had a choice to make and it was to not go back to the way I was.

It was incredibly hard to start back up. I couldn't walk up stairs without getting completely out of breath. I took it one day at a time.

Eat right and take t little by little. Try not to let that stuff stop you from reaching your goals.