Grandmothers Holds All The Stories

Options
I am on day 2 of myfitnesspal. I weigh more than I have ever weighed in my life. I have eight grandchildren and their grandfather passed when the first three were very small. I want them to know him and the only way they can do that is by the stories I tell them, since five of them were not even born yet. I need to be around for a long, long time and I have to get this weight off to make that happen. Type 2 diabetic and high blood pressure are NOT my friends but I know they will stay in control of my life as long as I am this heavy. Taking charge of my health is a number one priority for me right now. I WILL achieve my goals!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Grandmas are the best! Hi
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It is important to pass on family history, and your grandchildren will be thankful for your doing so. Good for you!
    You can do this. I am 65, on my 27th day here, have lost 12-1/2 pounds so far.
    If I can do this, anyone can!
    Best of luck to you!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You have eight great reasons to do this!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want! I'm a 61 year old grandma to 16 so I can totally relate! Best of luck to you!
  • NIKITA1322
    NIKITA1322 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a 68 year old grandmother of three grandkids. I also am diabetic and have high blood pressure and would like to lose 30 pounds. Doctors have me on a low-carb diet of 150 carbs per day. I have lost 13 pounds so far and we'll keep going. Good luck to all.
  • gannat08
    gannat08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you as friends as soon as I figure out how! LOL
  • jameswenz
    jameswenz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 and just started this week. We are all in this together! We can do it...
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Grandmas Rock!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    My grandmother was a writer and historian. So she wrote an autobiography, just for the family. I'm so grateful she did.
  • gannat08
    gannat08 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I just realized this morning I had a 6 instead of an 8 in my username. I changed it but sent a couple of friend requests out BEFORE I realized my mistake. I you try to reply to gannato06 and cannot find me it is because my new correct username is gannat08. Sorry for the inconvenience!!!
  • anitah382
    anitah382 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Doree, just retire from the education field and put on extra pounds (lots) the first year. Started back on low carb late November 2016 and as of today, I've lost 32 lbs. Started on next phase today. Want to lose 20 more lbs.