Breakfast ideas..

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
Right ok, recently for breakfast ive been eating alot of Nestle Golden Nuggets and Cookie Crisp! Im kinda getting bored of them now and cant wait to finish the box and try something else!!

Any ideas of what i can have for breakfast? Bareing in mind - i dont eat bread; i havent touched it for 7 months, and i keep to under 250 calories!

Please throw suggestions at me =)

I may not reply to all, but i will defo read them and take them into account! :)

Replies

• TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Special K oats and honey with fresh cut up strawberries is nice, i usually have that when i have strawberries in the fridge!

Enjoy x
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Special K oats and honey with fresh cut up strawberries is nice, i usually have that when i have strawberries in the fridge!

Enjoy x

Mmm sounds delicious!! Thanks x
  • psnow9127
    psnow9127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Fage Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a little honey. Great protein and low cal. I usually do mango and blueberry or raspberry and strawberry. Also egg white omelets or some oatmeal with fruit and nuts!
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in knowing why you would cut bread but still eat cookie crisp...but anyways, I usually have Fage 0% Greek yogurt and Nature's Path Optimum Slim cereal for breakfast. You could adjust the proportions to keep it under 250, but personally I believe in a liberal portion at breakfast. Sometimes I add fruit, but it ends up being a lot of sugar. Plain, classic oatmeal (NOT the stuff from an instant packet) and egg whites scrambled with vegetables are also good options. If you are a big fan of sweet breakfasts it might take some getting used to, but personally I feel that I now appreciate sweet things like fruit now that I eat them sparingly.
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat a rice cake with some low fat peanut butter on it :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I love Fage Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a little honey. Great protein and low cal. I usually do mango and blueberry or raspberry and strawberry. Also egg white omelets or some oatmeal with fruit and nuts!

Mhhhm i dont like the greek yoghurts and stuff :/ may give the omlette a bash tho!!
  • Evy10
    Evy10 Posts: 9
    Options
    I don't think there would be anything wrong with having around 300 cals for breakfast and I would imagine bread is definitely healthy and better for you than the cookie crisp!

I quite often have 40g of porridge with half a banana, a few raspberries, a tablespoons of natural yoghurt and a good drizzle of honey, it's gorgeous!!
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    banana nut cherrios my fav and its only 100 cals per serving.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I'd be interested in knowing why you would cut bread but still eat cookie crisp...but anyways, I usually have Fage 0% Greek yogurt and Nature's Path Optimum Slim cereal for breakfast. You could adjust the proportions to keep it under 250, but personally I believe in a liberal portion at breakfast. Sometimes I add fruit, but it ends up being a lot of sugar. Plain, classic oatmeal (NOT the stuff from an instant packet) and egg whites scrambled with vegetables are also good options. If you are a big fan of sweet breakfasts it might take some getting used to, but personally I feel that I now appreciate sweet things like fruit now that I eat them sparingly.

I dont eat bread because it was doctors orders last year. I have to stay off it for as long as possible to help me with weight loss as i was very over weight for my age last year!!

Thankyou for the other breakfadt suggestions! Will defo try them..
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Its cookie crisp as in the cereal guys!! Hahaha its only 113 cals per bowl and like 40 ish for the milk..
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    oats
    I have oats almost every morning, with a teaspoon of honey, some cinnamon and whatever berries I have laying around and eggs are also good, eat the whole egg too, the yoke is where most of the nutritious stuff is, don't be scared off by the fat
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with having a bowl of cookie crisps with skim milk. Just add some strawberries or bananas to it, and you'll be fine.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I have a new cereal out here called Krumbly Oat...a 45g portion with 125ml of milk is under 250cals...doesn't look a lot but it is about the only thing that fills me up and keeps me going until lunch time. In Tesco and Morrisons it is £1.99 a box which does 7 portions, so quite expensive but worth it for me as i don't snack!

I'm with you on the bread, i have an intolerance to yeast so can only really have it once a week.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I generally either have Greek yogurt/fruit/walnuts, or some combination of eggs/ham/spinach/English muffin. Protein is important in the morning to keep the "full" feeling for a while, so look for protein-rich options :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Ooooh thanks!! I will keeep an eye our for that krumbly oat =)

I really need breakfasts that fill me up lol, im hungry after 10 minutes of eating golden nuggets..
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Here's a thread about breakfast ideas:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/287634-make-ahead-breakfast-ideas

I tried cold porridge (oatmeal) from this and loved it!! Keeps me feeling full till lunch and the basic mix that I use is under 250cals.