I'm allergic to my pants!!!

Options
Tonight I had to cut my work out short. I wasn't so inspired to go so I jumped up and went in what I was wearing: Victoria Secret's PINK sweats and tee. After about 15 minutes on the treadmill, I start getting this God awful itch in both of my legs. I stop and roll my pant legs up and walk 5 more minutes before I had to jump off and literally scratch myself home. It was so bad that once I got to my building I took my pants off (YES, OUTSIDE!!!) and figured that I'd explain it to the neighbors later if I was caught (LOL!) Once I calmed down with the itching, I checked the fabric (50/50 cotton/polyester) and compared it to my Old Navy yoga pants (80/20 cotton/spandex) that I normally wear. I was perfectly fine wearing the pants all day, so I'm guess that there's some sort of chemical disagreement between the polyester on my body heat and/or sweat. Has this happened to anyone before?

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Some fabrics make me itch like anything, even if to my hands they feel really soft. And I can't wear things like hold-up stockings or strapless bras because the silicone bands they have bring me up in welts. We are such delicate little flowers, aren't we?!

Hope your itching has stopped now!
  • sugarbugger
    Options
    Yep this happens to me a lot, also if I put on clothes which I haven't worn for a few months, I don't know if it's dust trapped in the fibres or something but I can easy come up in welts.

It could also be your washing powder or fabric conditioner, unless it's one you always use.
  • swissmardi
    swissmardi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yup... Also some laundry detergent does this to me...
  • ejha77
    ejha77 Posts: 63
    Options
    Have you changed your laundry detergent? It could be that as well. That is a lot of polyester though.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have that problem as well, even without sweat, I get it from those sweat pants that have like, the fuzzball looking things linning the inside.. It alsp happens if certain fabrics rubs my legs to much, like my comforter on my bed. My cat likes to paw at it while it's on my legs, and it rubs so bad that I"m tearing at my legs like their infested with ants and covered in red marks.....
  • califigureeight
    Options
    I have that problem as well, even without sweat, I get it from those sweat pants that have like, the fuzzball looking things linning the inside.. It alsp happens if certain fabrics rubs my legs to much, like my comforter on my bed. My cat likes to paw at it while it's on my legs, and it rubs so bad that I"m tearing at my legs like their infested with ants and covered in red marks.....

Thanks All,
    Things are brand new pants, never washed. I think it's the lining combined with the rubbing from walking fast. They were perfect fine when I wore them around the house but...........lordy no more working out in them!

Once I got them off and showered, I felt just fine. Whew :)