what... the... fat2fit calculators

Options
So after reading someone post about it today I went to that fat2fit page and of course put my numbers in :P

The body fat calculator that takes account of the most measurements said I was 29.3% body fat. Most other calculators on the net have given me values of more like 40%.

It also said that I had 57lbs of fat on my body... which would mean if I lost all the weight I hope to lose I'd ...be in the minus numbers of fat, which is physically impossible... IF it's true.

It said I should aim to be 170-something lbs... 170-something!!!!
That can't be right? The BMI measurement said the HIGHEST healthy weight for me is 135!

It's got me feeling confused, am I just doomed to be "stocky"? Or are those calculators nonsense. I always thought I should be even thinner than the highest of normal because I have tiny little wrists (and doesn't that mean I have a small build under all the chubb?)

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I looked at theirs as well and decided to average all 3 measurements, which gave me about 30. My scales at home say just over 32% but that's first thing in the morning so will be high. I just found this site earlier: http://www.intmath.com/functions-and-graphs/bmi-bai-comparison.php
  • mrsnorman
    mrsnorman Posts: 45
    Options
    ummm, its got mine at 27.6% and apparently thats healthy!lol i am in no way healthy!:laugh: it also says my goal weight should be 14lbs more than my top end of bmi?! no idea whats right now! x
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I think that maybe it's problematic for people who carry weight proportionally over their bodies so that they get bigger overall without any areas being much bigger than others proportionally. That way that mass *looks* like it should be lean mass to the calculator when really it's just fat that went to each place equally.

Except my boobs :'(