Hi, new to this site, feeling positive!

Options
Hello all,

I'm Caz from the UK. I need to lose quite a lot of weight - a few stones, but I want to do it sensibly and slowly and get fit and healthy in the process. I don't believe in very low calorie diets. Am feeling positive and am very happy knowledge-wise about healthy choices for foods, low fat recipes etc.

It's the exercise I'm not so good at, so any motivational people who are good at getting me in the mood for exercising, are most welcome!!! I am doing zumba 1 - 2 times per week, which is great fun, but is killing me, LOL. I will keep that up. I also have a rebounder trampoline which I am trying to use 3 times a day for 5 minutes each time and build up from that.

Glad to have joined here, I am looking forward to using the site every day.

Caz
xx

Replies

• JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome Caz :smile:

I'm Jenny, from Warwickshire.

There's a few of us Brits about.

I do Zumba too - usually three times a week. It does get easier!!!

Feel free to friend me :smile:
  • Whiskey_Byrne
    Whiskey_Byrne Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Caz and good luck with your journey

I had a good few stone to lose when i started and although it's been slow and steady it's all going well and i'm now over 1 stone lighter than when i started. People here are all very motivational and give good advice and encouragment.

I see your not that far from me either, I'm from Abingdon just outside Oxford.

Feel free to friend me :happy:
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    hi caz
    welcome to mfp ,,,i was exactly the same as you & understand the difficulties with getting started ,it would give me great pleasure to help & motivate you on your journey ,,it can be done in a healthy way & promise you it gets easier with the fitness levels if you stay focused ,,feel free to friend me & lets get you going on the right path x
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi Caz
    Another Brit here from Sheffield, though originally Croydon, and with lots to lose. I also struggle with exercise at the moment but mainly due to health issues!

You're definitely in the right place and doing the right thing

Feel free to friend me, I'd love to share your journey

Di :smile:
  • lauradupree
    Options
    Hi Caz,
    I'm from California... not Hollywood, Los Angeles, or the San Francisco Bay area. I live out in the country, so I walk my dogs. This is a great motivator because they are always ready to get out for a walk. We usually walk 3 miles a day. They get so excited when they see their leashes.
    I usually walk at a moderate pace, but I noticed that if I walk briskly (4 mph) for 45 minutes or leisurely (2.5 mph) for 72 minutes, I am credited with burning a few more calories than at the moderate pace (3mph) for 60 minutes. This was a bit of a surprise because the distance is the same, so the speed that I walk is the only variable.
    I wish you success. I have doing MFP for three weeks and am loving it!