In need of supportive friends...

Options
I have been struggling with my weight since I was a child. I will lose a little weight, and then I'll binge and gain it all back and (usually) then some. I am now only 3 pounds shy of 300 pounds. And I'm still sabataging myself. I need friends that will understand my struggles but that will still hold me accountable.

Replies

• emeierea
    emeierea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I know exactly what you are talking about... I didn't always have weight problems, it's been only the last ten years... I currently weigh 89.5 kg (I believe it's about 200 pounds) and I'm feeling really uncomfortable. I know that you probably think that it's a bit less than you weigh and I should probably be more grateful that I don't have even more weight to shed, but at the point I'm at it's really a struggle for me. I work a full-time job and I have a 7 year old girl who needs me. My husband is away a lot and I've been mostly a single mom, so the extra weight is very hard to move around so much.
    I hope that I can be of help, feel free to contact me if you need to talk.
    Kind regards and take care!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Your honesty is the first step!

I wasted my 20s over-eating even though I knew I was getting constantly bigger. I always wanted to stop but I just couldn't - mostly because I believed all this BS in the magazines and such about how exercise was the only answer or certain foods had to be cut out.

I was fearful of stepping on the scale when I started here - but I did and I was 267. I am currently around 190ish and still going... I have eaten everything I wanted and lost weight just by staying under my calorie limit!

So I KNOW you can do it! I will send you an add and I always try to be motivating and supportive! No judgment zone!
  • Jennlail83
    Jennlail83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Girl I am in the same boat and my story sounds a lot like yours. You can do this
  • jasmine1129
    jasmine1129 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Feel free to add me so we can support each other!
  • agr1018
    agr1018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the same situation and feel free to add me ! The more support the better
  • Nikki91p
    Nikki91p Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel you! About 3 years ago I was 30lbs away from my ultimate goal weight/healthy weight for my height! Now I am 90lbs away from that :( feel free to add me. I definitely need encouraging with losing my 90lbs!