Not loosing at 1500

Options
Feeling rather disheartened at the moment. Eating around 1500 calories a day and not loosing. I'm 5.4 and weigh 180 lbs. I log everything a day ahead. Exercise 2-3 times a week. Been almost a month and no change.

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Are you, using a; food scale?
  • paialopala
    paialopala Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sounds like you have plateaued, I am definitely no PT but you might need to do 1 or 2 things because your metabolism has possibly calibrated to what your currently doing and it needs a kick in the *kitten* in the right direction. 2 ways of doing that: work in 2 high intensity training sessions a week; and/OR a cheat meal.
    How the cheat meal works is that is kicks the metabolism into digesting the excess calories and resets it into 'high-burning' mode. so the cheat meal is just as much metabolic as it is psychological. Absolutelty blow it out your *kitten* with the cheat meal, you may feel sick & wanna puke, and it's your body's way of saying "um, excuse me but what the hell?....we've only had to deal with brassica's, protein and clean fats...WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" But that one cheat meal will jumpstart your body to up it's fat burning/metabolising game and you will benefit results as long as you eat clean & stay active for the other 6days meals. Good luck. Hope you get some downward movement in your numbers asap!
    The high intensity training works in the same manner: shocks the body from its normal homeostasis due to high levels of output. On a low cal diet it will force the body to create energy by using fat stores to make energy available for the body to burn = cals burnt.
    :wink:
  • stylzemail
    stylzemail Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Calories too high for your body height. Try this : Breakkfast - un-cooked oats *oatmeal dry- add apple juice in it and raisins a little sugar. LUNCH: eat popcorn Dinner: Meat and veggies of some kind. NO Pork ( makes people gain weight and causes body sickness)- eat chicken or fish . Eat like this every day . . . Once a month have a cheat day -when you can have pizza or cake but that's only - one day a month.
  • stylzemail
    Options
    No not a sugar crash because. It's different types of sugar.....appke juice is ground up apples- yet it sugar also.
  • stylzemail
    Options
    Popcorn for lunch .... yeah . . There is a true method for fat loss.
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have lost 72 lbs and right around my 40 lb mark I plateaued for about 5 months. That's right... I worked out 5 days a week and never lost a pound but stayed the same. I broke my plateau by running and sometimes with high resistance. Good luck sweetie, be patient.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    Options
    Feeling rather disheartened at the moment. Eating around 1500 calories a day and not loosing. I'm 5.4 and weigh 180 lbs. I log everything a day ahead. Exercise 2-3 times a week. Been almost a month and no change.

1500 cal/day is maintenance for me.

I lose when I drop it to 1350 cal + half my exercise cal.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    stylzemail wrote: »
    No not a sugar crash because. It's different types of sugar.....apple juice is ground up apples- yet it sugar also.

Not really. Apple sauce is arguably "ground up apples". Apples have fibre; apple juice doesn't. Fibre slows the absorption of sugar.

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Popcorn for lunch .... yeah . . There is a true method for fat loss.

But if I eat popcorn for dinner, it will make me fat?

Nah...

OP, it is all about consuming less calories than you burn. You are eating at maintenance if you aren't losing anything. That means your logging is off, you are overestimating calorie burns, and maybe not using a food scale.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    paialopala wrote: »
    Sounds like you have plateaued, I am definitely no PT but you might need to do 1 or 2 things because your metabolism has possibly calibrated to what your currently doing and it needs a kick in the *kitten* in the right direction. 2 ways of doing that: work in 2 high intensity training sessions a week; and/OR a cheat meal.
    How the cheat meal works is that is kicks the metabolism into digesting the excess calories and resets it into 'high-burning' mode. so the cheat meal is just as much metabolic as it is psychological. Absolutelty blow it out your *kitten* with the cheat meal, you may feel sick & wanna puke, and it's your body's way of saying "um, excuse me but what the hell?....we've only had to deal with brassica's, protein and clean fats...WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" But that one cheat meal will jumpstart your body to up it's fat burning/metabolising game and you will benefit results as long as you eat clean & stay active for the other 6days meals. Good luck. Hope you get some downward movement in your numbers asap!
    The high intensity training works in the same manner: shocks the body from its normal homeostasis due to high levels of output. On a low cal diet it will force the body to create energy by using fat stores to make energy available for the body to burn = cals burnt.
    :wink:

NO, one cheat meal especially if you blow it out your *kitten*,(and to the point you want to puke? are you for real?) can cancel out your deficit for the week. you definitely wont lose that way,you dont shock or jumpstart anything. you burn fat in a deficit thats how it works. deficit does not equal low calorie either. eating clean whatever the definition is for that(everyone will have a different definition), means nothing. its about how much you eat not what you eat.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,008 Member
    Options
    Calories too high for your body height. Try this : Breakkfast - un-cooked oats *oatmeal dry- add apple juice in it and raisins a little sugar. LUNCH: eat popcorn Dinner: Meat and veggies of some kind. NO Pork ( makes people gain weight and causes body sickness)- eat chicken or fish . Eat like this every day . . . Once a month have a cheat day -when you can have pizza or cake but that's only - one day a month.

^ this is just silly and totally arbitrary advice.

Eat pork (unless you have religious/ethical reason not to or don't like it or are allergic to it) or chicken or fish or beef or rabbit or tofu or quinoa or popcorn or whatever - and eat whatever for breakfast, lunch, tea, supper,snacks and you dont have to eat the same every day at all.

Eat less than you burn - that's it.

Yes, check your numbers and your logging to make sure you are doing this - but No arbitrary silly nonsensical rules to it.

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    From looking at your profile picture? You've done an AMAZING job already..

Just taking a glance at your diary, some entries suggest you may not be using a food scale. This is why that is such an important part of logging:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnnpUYmr0OM
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Use a food scale. Seriously. Weigh everything. Use cups and spoons for liquid only. My stats are close to yours and if I am sedentary, I will lose 1lb per week on 1200 (awful), and 1lb per week on 1700. It's obvious that you are not weighing your food.
    Do NOT listen to anything the person below posts, please. Their advice is dangerous.

Stop. It. Your posts are so full of woo and VLCD cheering it's not funny...your advice is DANGEROUS. What is "body sickness"?