Starting again

Options
Hey
I've been on and off MFP for around 5 years now.
I lost 30+ pounds and was almost at my target but sadly have gained it all back. My weight has pretty much fluctuated by 20-30lbs over those 5 years.
Now I am up to my all time heighest weight again and miserable!
I recently made a new account in the hope to start a fresh.
I never really interacted on my old account so I am hoping for more support this time around!
I would like to lose 40lbs which may not seem like a huge amount but to me it is!

Stats
5'8.5
CW: 192lbs
GW: 150lbs

Let's do this B)

Replies

• juantera
    juantera Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're in the same boat
  • CaraLeighPanda
    CaraLeighPanda Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I need to lose the same amount of weight, and we're the same height! Nice to know someone with the same goal. I'll add you and keep you motivated!
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It happens. I've been on for a while, lost about 50 pounds, net. I was down to having lost about 90, but life isn't always nice (that's my short version, I'll spare you the specifics).

The good news is, you can always keep trying. Getting more help is never a bad idea.

Blessings!
  • yvettekeaton
    yvettekeaton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Yvette and I'm back again as well. I want to take this year to focus on taking better care of myself. I could really use some support.

CW 240
    GW 185
    5'9 1/4

Thx
  • AlisaRamsey2015
    AlisaRamsey2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again. I am at my heaviest. I am miserable. I can't walk far without my back hurting. I have been a member since 2015, but never used it.
    Good luck to all of you.
    CW 241
    GW 150
    5'2
  • Irressistible2012
    Irressistible2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40lbs pounds too! Lets go sister :) just added you
  • loseweightbb
    loseweightbb Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Starting over again myself as well. About 10 years ago (wow - can't believe it's been that long) I was successful in losing over 60 lbs & felt great. Unfortunately, I allowed the pressures of life get in the way (with year after year of very stressful events & focus on others) & have since gained almost all of it back. Have at least stopped gaining wt over the past couple of yrs, but not losing it either - other than up & down within about 5 lbs. So finally decided enough is enough - time to take charge of my health & make exercise & healthy eating a priority. Tried out MFP about 3 yrs ago, but didn't stick with it. Going to try to use it more consistently this time to help. So far I'm down 5 lbs since my fresh start with MFP one week ago (11 overall since last Sept.) so feeling confident. Hope it lasts. Was on a roll this wk exercising every day this wk (haven't done so in few yrs), but then got sick so haven't past 2 days (all I could do to get through day teaching & working late). Hoping to feel better this wkend so get back to it soon - just frustrating. Would love to have everyone's support & happy to give it to you as well.

CW: 219
    GW: 165 (for starters anyway)
    Ht: 5'6"

WE CAN & WILL DO THIS!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was here in 2011-12 as well! I found the social aspect to be very helpful then, which is why I'm back now! I made my goal weight then; I'm sure we can do it again.
  • englishfella007
    englishfella007 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Was on and off here the past 2 years. It's been a while but I want to possibly join the military so I need to get back in shape :) I'm terrible when it comes to snacking on junk food so I gotta be strong! Lol good luck guys feel free to follow my journey on IG too: craignewton88

CW:220lbs
    GW:210lbs
  • jessiwoww
    jessiwoww Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not too far off your stats! To everybody on here, I'm looking for some more active friends, please feel free to add me!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I started back in 09/2010....things got tough and I deleted my old account.....been here a lil over 2 years and have lost 91 lbs. this time around ...Feel free to add me ...and don't give up..you got this :) wishing you the best :)
  • LittleBeanMachine
    LittleBeanMachine Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back!!! Some advice, that I've learned the hard way, is to not give up and don't let setbacks keep you from being healthy and happy! My goal is to lose 20 pounds to start off with, but my long term goal is to be 100. I have a lot of weight to lose, almost 150 worth. I had an account last year, got discouraged and gave up. It took a tragedy to give me a wake up call. I am more active now, been back for 8 days and lost 5 pounds so far. I'd love to be your friend and give you encouragement. :)
    Current weight: 233
    STG: 213
    LTG: 100
    4'7"/F/33 YRS old