Herbalife diet

Options
I started about a month ago on Herbalife. I have lost 12# so far.

Replies

• HisQueen26
    HisQueen26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    do you have to pay for that? cause you probably could of lost those same 12 pounds for free using MFP.
    Just trying to save you some cash

Obviously you have to pay to eat? All ur meals r free? Herbalife saves me money instead of fast food or other stuff I pay 1.50 per meal
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    HisQueen26 wrote: »
    do you have to pay for that? cause you probably could of lost those same 12 pounds for free using MFP.

Obviously you have to pay to eat? All ur meals r free? Herbalife saves me money instead of fast food or other stuff I pay 1.50 per meal
    Well let's calculate that: you're saying that you're only paying $4.50 a day for 3 meals? That's like what prisoners in the penitentiary are allocated for their daily meals, except they are actually eating food. You're referring to drinking a shake.......................and that's NOT A MEAL. And it's unlikely your drinking just 3 shakes a day, so you're paying for some FOOD somewhere in there.
    Just a quick note: liquid diets have the highest incidence of weight regain so unless you're gonna consume Herbalife the rest of your life, don't be shocked at weight regain once you start eating actual food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Are you just gonna go around bumping Herbalife posts? It's really not particularly well regarded. It's an MLM which just had to pay out $200 million dollars to avoid lawsuits relating to its business processes. It makes promises with no scientific backup, and uses untrained, unqualified people to sell its product with no more interest in it than getting their own cheaper.
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Are you just gonna go around bumping Herbalife posts? It's really not particularly well regarded. It's an MLM which just had to pay out $200 million dollars to avoid lawsuits relating to its business processes. It makes promises with no scientific backup, and uses untrained, unqualified people to sell its product with no more interest in it than getting their own cheaper.

Whats an MLM?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    mskimee wrote: »

Whats an MLM?

Multi level marketing
  • mgmalek
    mgmalek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know someone who lost a lot of weight using herbalife. I was very tempted to sign up but I agree with ninerbuff: unless you're going to be replacing meals with shakes for the rest of your life, it will be very difficult to maintain that 'healthy' weight once you reach it. I've tried many fast acting diets: the soup diet gives AMAZING results, When I cut carbs from my diet completely, I can lose around 10kg in a month. (around 20lbs). However, with all these fast acting dies, within another month, I'll have gained all the weight back. The problem with these quick fix diets is that you dont learn how to eat well, so shortly after you stop doing them, you revert to poor eating and lifestyle habits. Personally, I'm on a mission to lose around 10kg and keep it off forever. At the rate I'm going, It will probably take six months or more, but the journey will teach me good food and exercise habits and I think that really is the key. This time next year, in five years, ten years etc, i am to be eating as healthily as I am now and exercising regularly as a matter of course.
  • MAH80T50
    MAH80T50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Meal replacements are a waste of money - I don't believe in them, but then again I don't believe in paying to lose weight, I wouldn't use any slimming clubs, or meal plans where you have to pay for them, because they are a business and the only way businesses survive is to make money, so preying on the vulnerable, and there is no one more desperate therefore vulnerable than an overweight person, who wants to get slim.

Eat proper nutritional food and exercise are the only methods of weight loss that are sustainable and can help to improve your quality of life.

Just saying ... !!