Anyone from Indy

Options
Needing some additional accountability from my fellow Hoosiers or beyond.

Replies

• pgrace329
    pgrace329 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Umentor1,

I also live in Indianapolis. It would be a pleasure to be your MyFitnessPal buddy. I was a faithful member of Weight Watchers (August 2015-December 2016), cancelled my membership as of this month. Learned lots of tips and totally changed my lifestyle. I had success, dropped over 50 pounds and kept the weight off but the WW plan is expensive. Discovered MyFitnessPal for $Free99...LOL! My goal is to drop another 50 pounds. Feel free to reach out and share any time.

Yours truly,
    pgrace329
  • lyahya
    lyahya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was considering joking weight watchers. I even went to one of the meetings. I realized MFP had a lot of similarities - so here I am.
    I am also in Indianapolis - feel free to add me!
  • pgrace329
    Options
    Hi Iyahya,

Hope your past week went well. One tip I learned from Weight Watchers was honesty and patience with myself. Using a food journal (i.e. MyFitnessPal) as a tool for tracking every BLT (bite, lick and taste) keeps me honest with myself, while simultaneously assisting me to be patient with my humanity whenever I fall short of my lifestyle goals. For example, last week I had a way too many ginger snaps for my evening snack! LOL
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm from Bloomington. Close enough right
  • ekritter7
    ekritter7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm from Lafayette, it's about an hour northwest of Indy. I come to Indy a lot for doctor's appts and such though.
  • pgrace329
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone!

I hope all is well. Super Bowl Sunday parties may be a bit challenging with the various beverage and food choices (i.e. chicken wings, meatballs, BBQ ribs, chips, beers and my favorite, margaritas!) But it's just one evening...enjoy!