low carb

Options
Anyon on low carb and watching calories?hows it working?

Replies

• LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just started. And I actually went down in weight a little bit. But I don't know if it was just water weight but it does seem promising.
  • runnergrl82
    Options
    how many calories areyou on?
  • LastVagrant
    Options
    I've been doing it and it's great! I was using another program before myfitnesspal and was losing up to 3 pounds on a good week. I wasn't even restricting my calories that much.

Keep at it!
  • runnergrl82
    Options
    Wow!=)
  • andy_gilfrin
    Options
    Been doing low carb (very low carb) for about 6 weeks, I'm down 24lbs so far, although I'm off to weigh myself this lunch time.

Also watching calories so it's not stuffing my face with protein and fat. I attribute the weight loss totally to the restriction in calories, the low carb part has helped me stick to it as I no longer get hungry.

I still have 6 months or so before I get down to my target weight, although I suspect it will take another 3-4 before I'm down to what I really need to be.

My diet used to be all carbs, I can't see myself going back to that.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    i deffo do the low carb thing! i eat 1200 cals and rarely eat, bread, pasta, rice or potatoes. It has helped maintain a flat stomach and stops the bloated feeling i get, i no longer feel sluggish..... i wouldnt look back :)
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb too - don't get hungry, calorie deficit easy/easier and don't crave the stuff I love as much. Still want it, but don't 'need' it. I love it, but it's not for everyone. And if you're just starting, prepare for 'carb flu' (you can - I didn't - get headaches, etc, I did feel lethargic) but it passes.