I could scream

Options
When signing up for Bodyspace- which is essentially Facebook for body builders, I was forced to take before photos. You guys, I am nearly in tears. I can't believe what I look like. I know I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life, I don't know what I expected, but it's like suddenly realizing how high this mountain is that I have to climb. It's a little discouraging. I mean, what if i can't make it? I dunno...
In any case, here I am.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What does body's pace give you that MFP doesn't? Just out of interest?
  • ReginasHorror
    ReginasHorror Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What does body's pace give you that MFP doesn't? Just out of interest?

Hey! So it's a free sight, very much like MFP, but they provide specific workout plans tailored to your goals, like how they tailor your calorie count here. It's a neat sight, don't get me wrong, I'm just really intimidated.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,371 Member
    Options
    I always thought I looked much heavier in pictures than what I thought I was. The good part? I look better in pictures than I thought I am, as I'm loosing
  • xcheyxo18
    xcheyxo18 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello love, I didn't have to post before pictures on bodyspace, I absolutely love both apps/sites. Bodyspace is good for helping you with your goals for weightloss because you can set a date in which you want to lose the weight and it counts it down. You can add me on there if you want, xcheyxo. Also, Please don't get discouraged, I know that what you see now seems like it will be hard to change but I went from being 200lbs to 135lbs and then I gave up and got back to 165lbs and currently at 158lbs, believe me you can do it, I can be here every step of the way, You can message me anytime and I will respond when I can. I promise you will get to your goal, just stay positive. Some days will be harder than others but you will make it. I'm proud of you for taking the step to begin this journey. :smile: You deserve to be happy with yourself and you will be just give it time and hard work.
  • Niecey1234
    Niecey1234 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Think of it as an incentive to stay on track and to reach your goals so that you can add you after pictures! :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Niecey1234 wrote: »
    Think of it as an incentive to stay on track and to reach your goals so that you can add you after pictures! :)

I would never post before/after pictures of myself anywhere on the internet. And not because I'm not proud of my weight loss - I am. :)

But so many scam diet/supplement sites steal people's before and after pictures from places like MFP and put these stolen images on their own websites as 'testimonials' to 'prove' how great their scam products work. :/
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Use your before picture as motivation. And then make progress pictures every 30 days. At some point, you'll be glad for that before picture, even if it's depressing.
  • vmsolko
    vmsolko Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Speaking to the "huge mountain to climb" aspect, I recommend setting smaller goals rather than just the large xx pounds lost. I only had about 30 lbs to lose, but I broke it down into increments. I gave myself a "reward" for each 10 lbs I lost. (Just make sure it isn't food related.) So one of them was a new pair of workout pants, another was a pedicure, etc. It rewards your hard work a little at a time and helps you stay motivated for each pound because they seem more attainable.
    Best of luck!
  • reyoflightphoto
    reyoflightphoto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Rather than shooting for weight loss goals, consider shooting for goals that are completely under your control and will ultimately result in weight loss. Goals like, 1200 calories every day. 120g of protein every day. 10,000 steps if you have a pedometer. These are life changing habits that will stick with you and things that you have complete control over. Weigh loss numbers like 20lbs lost by the end of the month can set you up for disappointment because sometimes your body won't comply to your time limits, but you have complete control over what you decide to do today for your body. Make a daily goal that puts you one step ahead of yesterday. Create healthy habits rather than worrying about weight. That's not to say throw away the scale. I weigh myself every morning to make sure I am in fact eating at the deficit I think I am. The scale tells me if I need to adjust what I am doing. It doesn't tell me if I am winning. If I meet my daily goals, I am winning! Today my goal is to stay below 1500 calories, eat 120g of protein, and get 5000 steps. I am getting over a cold so my goals are simply designed today, to not gain weight and step back up my activity. Daily goals are a good habit because our daily lives make for different circumstances. It also helps to share your daily goals with your fitfam. You CAN do this. And just think how great it will be to compare those pics later on. I wish I had better before pics. I have nothing much to show for my journey, but I do feel the difference and it is GREAT!!
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love the way you put that...my goal is not to lose a certain amount of weight, but to stick to my calorie goal each day. If I'm eating a bit more than I should, I try to ramp up the exercise to even it out. I feel good when I can meet my goal...and sometimes it takes awhile, i can go a week or two where the scale doesn't budge, then all of the sudden, it goes down a few pounds. Using the scale alone is devastating for me! I'm very impatient!
  • hmastro2013
    hmastro2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Banmox...I just took before pics 30 minutes ago. Was disgusted. I feel embarrrased to even go to the gym that I was motivated to go to all morning. I feel your pain. However, I am going to take pics every single day in the same bikini whether I ate perfect or cheated with a pizza. Maybe the visual changes will be motivation. It worked years ago when I joined bodybuilding website. Xoxo
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Banmox...I just took before pics 30 minutes ago. Was disgusted. I feel embarrrased to even go to the gym that I was motivated to go to all morning. I feel your pain. However, I am going to take pics every single day in the same bikini whether I ate perfect or cheated with a pizza. Maybe the visual changes will be motivation. It worked years ago when I joined bodybuilding website. Xoxo

Just a suggestion : Every single day might be a bit of overkill, since it could well end up being a forest-for-the-trees scenario, which could be discouraging. I took new pictures every month, and I could *definitely* see a difference from the one before, which really encouraged me to keep going. :)
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Of course you'll make it. What do you think, that we're all just going to let you fail? Dont be intimidated - you're a bad@$$! (If you want me to, I can look at your workout and maybe suggest easier variations of some exercises?)
  • ptcampgymokc
    ptcampgymokc Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Banmox wrote: »
    When signing up for Bodyspace- which is essentially Facebook for body builders, I was forced to take before photos. You guys, I am nearly in tears. I can't believe what I look like. I know I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life, I don't know what I expected, but it's like suddenly realizing how high this mountain is that I have to climb. It's a little discouraging. I mean, what if i can't make it? I dunno...
    In any case, here I am.

Keep you hope high you can and will make it. Great mountains are conquered one step at a time.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!! I know I have muscles under this chub, and if I can find them...so can you.

Make this a new lifestyle, so that when the motivation runs out you have that to fall back on. Do it one day at a time. Don't compare yourself to others.

If you need inspiration there are loads of it in the Success Stories part of the forum. Instead of looking at the afters online, try to find before and afters.

Give yourself one year. And I guarantee you will be amazed at yourself. The year is going to go by anyways, why not let it go by and fulfill your goals at the end of it?