Scales

Options
I just bought a Health-o-Meter Weight & Body Fat Monitoring Scale, it also monitors my hydration level. I tried it out for the first time this morning and it says that my hydration level is at 43%. The instruction manual only tells me that I am low in water; I guess I should be at 50% for hydration levels.

So my question is...Does the low percentage of hydration explain my weight gain over the last week? :grumble:

I usually drink about 96 ounces of water a day.

Also, I am not sure if this matters; but where I live it has been in the high 90's for temp and 110 for the heat index. Plus I do not have air conditioning in my home and I don't work.

Thank you a head of time!!!

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    smiles...drink 2 litres a day..or 3 if you like and ignore what the gadgets and gizmos say :-)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I personally would not trust a scale to accurately measure anything other than weight.

But if you are in the middle of a heat wave, odds are that you will need more water than you normally would.
  • tobftt
    tobftt Posts: 6
    Options
    If you're on a low-carb diet that is probably why your hydration levels are low. Mine are only normal when I am breaking the diet to keep things moving :3

And... BIA analysis is far more accurate than calipers so idk why you wouldn't trust it. At the very least, it will be accurate within itself and let you know where the weight changes are coming from.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Sorry if everyone is confused, maybe I did not make myself clear. :smile:

I am drinking 96 ounces of water per day. That is equal to 3 liters per day or 12 cups of water per day. :wink:

My question is...Does a low hydration level explain the weight gain?
  • tobftt
    tobftt Posts: 6
    Options
    No. High hydration levels would.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    No. High hydration levels would.

Thank you so much!