Weightloss for beginners

Options
Really trying to lose 30-40 lbs before summer gets here and I only have 5 months? Need advice for healthy eating and exercise without having to go to the gym.

Replies

• jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    There are tons of free workouts on YouTube these days...just type in what you want and try to find an instructor that you enjoy. I personally like Coach K with HASFit
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Use mfp, find an exercise you like...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit, following the tools and info provided on mfp. Fork put downs and plate push aways work really well and can be done several times a day right in your kitchen.
  • nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. I bought a decent amount of free weights and watch YouTube videos.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    For weight loss exercise is optional (but recommended for many other reasons). Don't over complicate this. Enter your info in MFP and follow the plan. Track your calories and you will lose.

Good luck.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Without going to the gym... Gym isn't a evil.place. Like minded people who have the same goals as you probably
  • CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think my best advice would be just stick to it. There will be days where you go over your calories, don't let it deter you. There will be days where you just don't want to workout, tuck it away and move forward.

You have a goal, keep that goal in mind.

In terms of food its a learningg curve, find what you like to eat and just keep within yor calories allotted. Your weightloss journey will not be sustainable if you follow a rigid boring food guide. I suggest looking at www.skinnytaste.com, fabulous meals with low cal intake.

In terms of exercise. Anything, is better than nothing. Walk outside, walk on a tredmill, run, skip rope..hike. Eventually you'll see weight loss and want to push yourself to the next level, maybe free weights, strength training, marathons.

All I can say is stick to it :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Use mfp to set up your calories, track calories and stay in a deficit. There are so many things you can do at home for free without going to the gym. Search YouTube for whatever exercise videos you like. I find Jillian Michaels' workouts to be very effective.
  • Karie2017
    Karie2017 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like Hasfit. They kick my butt lol
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Remember that weight loss is 80% what you eat, and 20% exercise. That being said, there are many benefits to exercise that go beyond weight loss. Exercise doesn't have to be a chore... I would figure out what you like doing the most and go from there. For me, running was a challenge and something that I had struggled with so I wanted to conquer it. I started running with the Couch to 5k (C25k) program and have been running ever since!