GIRL topic

Options
WOW! What a difference a week makes! I absolutely COULD NOT control my appetite last week. I am just ending my period now, and I have to force myself to eat my calories. I feel like I am riding a wildly swinging pendulum each month between total control and complete disaster. Anyone else get this out of whack? :ohwell:

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a difference a week makes! I absolutely COULD NOT control my appetite last week. I am just ending my period now, and I have to force myself to eat my calories. I feel like I am riding a wildly swinging pendulum each month between total control and complete disaster. Anyone else get this out of whack? :ohwell:
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    Oh yes...I totally do. The weird thing is is that after 20 years of having a period (omg. 20 years!), my mood swings and cravings at that time of the month STILL catch me off guard. The joys of being female!
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    I can't accept that this is NORMAL. But when I mentioned it to my gun, she just smiled and nodded and basically told me to get used to it. I think my "symptoms" have gotten sooo much worse as I have gotten older, and I am not sure if it is a cause or effect of my weight gain.
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    ohh yea!!! :smile: you should try switching the way you are eating. Like eating your biggest meal first and your lightest last. I've found that if I do that them my mood and cravings are more stable.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...I totally do. The weird thing is is that after 20 years of having a period (omg. 20 years!), my mood swings and cravings at that time of the month STILL catch me off guard. The joys of being female!

OK that's funny since I see Col. Sanders:laugh:

But I agree those times and the water weight fluctuations can make a girl crazy!
    I've learned to really watch the sodium at that time. I want it but try not to eat it then.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I used to TOTALLY... ever since I have been on the nuvaring (like 2 years) I have been better...every once in a while I still get crazy...Im not so much hungry, as it just get a case of the *kitten* its and eat whatever.. :laugh:
  • takjanelle
    Options
    ALWAYS, I even started Yaz to try to control the extreme up and down......I am with ya sister!!! Hang in there your not alone I would have had a fist fight for a brownie this week:smile::smile:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    ohh yea!!! :smile: you should try switching the way you are eating. Like eating your biggest meal first and your lightest last. I've found that if I do that them my mood and cravings are more stable.

Ok, I will give that a try next time I start feeling a case of the monthly "eaties" coming on. :smile:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    I used to TOTALLY... ever since I have been on the nuvaring (like 2 years) I have been better...every once in a while I still get crazy...Im not so much hungry, as it just get a case of the *kitten* its and eat whatever.. :laugh:

I have heard that most gals on some type of birth control have it a little easier, but since I made my hubby get snipped :wink: I don't need any of the birth control stuff any more. My problem is a combo of being hungry COMBINED with the case of the f*&$ its and that is a BAAAAD combo.
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    ALWAYS, I even started Yaz to try to control the extreme up and down......I am with ya sister!!! Hang in there your not alone I would have had a fist fight for a brownie this week:smile::smile:

*Sigh* Ok, I will hang in there. Thanks for the support everyone! It just really amazed me how different I feel this week since I am really paying attention to my body.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Yes... you are not alone.

My doctor also put me on Yaz about 6 weeks ago (for various reasons other than birth control- my tubes are tied) I'll have to pay attention to see if it helps with the cravings now! I didn't notice last month time.
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    Somebody recently posted some information about how our bodies actually use more calories during our periods for all that "stuff" going on. lol So...perhaps we need a few more calories at that time. We definitely need some extra iron! (preferably not in the form of a big juicy burger, which is usually what i want.)
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Somebody recently posted some information about how our bodies actually use more calories during our periods for all that "stuff" going on. lol So...perhaps we need a few more calories at that time. We definitely need some extra iron! (preferably not in the form of a big juicy burger, which is usually what i want.)

I did eat almost 1/2 a bag of spinach the other day. I was SO CRAVING it. That must be why! :smile:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Yes... you are not alone.

My doctor also put me on Yaz about 6 weeks ago (for various reasons other than birth control- my tubes are tied) I'll have to pay attention to see if it helps with the cravings now! I didn't notice last month time.

*Raising both hands*

OMG! Yesterday, I had an "out of body" experience as I saw myself driving up to the McDee's window and ordering a Chocolate Shake :laugh: This morning "it" arrives. I hate it!

Please tell me how Yaz works for you, because I'm desperate here (10 days before TOM). As long as it doesn't make me gain wait, I'll try it.
  • MrsBlaze
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

That made me laugh out loud!!! Since I'm only on week three, I think that time is coming up for me. The cravings are soooo intense right now!! And my DH brought home GIRLSCOUT COOKIES!!!!! Speaking of fist fights......

Anyway, I hope I can control it when I get there. Chewing gum usually helps me when I want sweets, but there's not enough gum in the world to satisfy "those" cravings!!! :tongue:

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ruth369
    ruth369 Posts: 38
    Options
    My willpower magically disappears just before I start, and of course everybody around me happens to be getting my favorite foods like alfredo from pizza hut (heaven in the shape of a noodle) or leaves a can of mixed nuts lying around to taunt me. Hey, I want to know if Yaz works out too, I want to go on birth control but am afraid of the weight gain.
  • Summarain
    Summarain Posts: 145
    Options
    OMG! I WAS JUST GOING TO START A TOPIC LIKE THIS...I'VE BEEN EATING LIKE A MANIAC AND I CANT STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF COURSE MY PERIOD COMES MONDAY NIGHT. I WAS WONDERING WHY I WAS SO OUT OF CONTROL. I HOPE I CAN GET IT BACK UNDER CONTROL ONCE THIS FRIGGEN' THING IS GONE! :grumble:

***chewing gum constantly to keep away from the bad things!:explode:
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of my "female time," and have been fighting the same battles as you all have. On top of that, I've got a bad cold/soare throat, also day 2 for it. SO, I am in no way feeling like working out. My calorie limit for the day is going to be SO low. I've been super stressed about it all morning and am SOOOOOOOO glad I read these posts!! I don't feel alone. I'm gonna just deal with the fact that I'm going over today by like 150. Yes, I've got the case of the f**k its too!!!!!!!!! Ok, time to pop in my 3rd piece of gum!
    BTW, I tried switching to Yaz a few months back. Was on it for 3 months and gained EIGHT pounds!!! I discontinued it.